• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

showell's brewery

Katrina

master brummie
Whilst researching my family history (Thomas Showell was my 4x great grandfather) I came across some info about Showell's Brewery which may be of interest to forum members (crown case and prosecution). Cannot attach to this message - any ideas please?
Katrina

Hi Katrina. Can you take a photo of the report and post it as a photo (or photos) perhaps? Viv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You may have seen this for sale on eBay Katrina. But if not it's a 2 page £100 Showell's debenture of 1898. Viv.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1413795951.821092.jpg

This is a newspaper cutting from 1904 with transcript. Maybe this is the court case you're referring to Katrina? Be interesting to see the details if you can find a way of posting them. Viv

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1413797327.004394.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1413797339.851295.jpg

Note: transcript is full of typo's!

Showells Brewery was at Langley Green, and their offices still stand near the railway level crossing. Their maltings were later taken over by Banks and in more recent times gutted by serious fires. They had depots in Birmingham and at one time sent beer by canal.

Hi, thank you for the info about the brewery. I have been so busy with work lately I haven't had time to any research................. Must take a potter over to Langley Green to have a look.

Letterhead.Right way up on the Showell’s Crosswells Brewery thread.For some reason it won’t behave on this thread.

Attachments

• CA613678-412C-4CD9-913A-775667140D79.jpeg
    CA613678-412C-4CD9-913A-775667140D79.jpeg
    974.4 KB · Views: 3
Back