• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Marston Green Hospital Nurses

lady P, thanks for the comment re soap ...... I had missed the significance of coupons, but now I see the humour!

CHINCH - photos! It's a real challenge! Try the "Image Hosting" thread at the top of the forum. Register there, upload your photos there after registration is accepted. Then it's either up load a file from there or copy and past from there - forget which worked.

This is a great forum, but how many photos must go unposted because it's so difficult to get them on here.
I have worked with computers since they arrived in the work place. I have an interest in photography and moved from film to digital years ago, I do my bit with photoshop and home printing, post on other web sites, etc. - but posting photos on this forum has me baffled!

Hi Janice, THANK YOU!! I think it's worked. Hmmmmmm, might be upside down though. This is one of the entries in the autograph book. I will try and post some more. I Hope this has worked, I clicked on edit and the option to re-size appeared, I couldn't find paint. CHINCH.

Attachments

• P1000484 (800x600).jpg
    P1000484 (800x600).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 19
  • P1000485 (800x600).jpg
    P1000485 (800x600).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pat, don't give up on the image posting - it took me ages and then I had a masterclass from Lyn via a private message and it all became clear.

Here's a few more.

Attachments

• P1000486 (800x600) (2).jpg
    P1000486 (800x600) (2).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 12
  • P1000487 (800x600) (2).jpg
    P1000487 (800x600) (2).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P1000488 (800x600) (2).jpg
    P1000488 (800x600) (2).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 12
  • P1000490 (800x600) (2).jpg
    P1000490 (800x600) (2).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 12
Glad to help - the more you do the easier it gets. There are several ways to resize so you just need to find what works for you.

Have rotated your image Chinch in post #44. Lovely extracts from the autograph book. Thank for persevering and posting them! Viv.

Hi Pat. I use an iPad. So I copied the photo to my iPad pictures, then there's an option to rotate the image in my picture gallery. Not sure this helps you unless you're using an iPad. If not maybe someone can tell you how it's done on a laptop. Been so long since I used a laptop that I can't remember!! Viv.

Hi Viv, thanks for doing this for me. I don't know what I did wrong, not really very competent with all this computer stuff. Good to know there are so many helpful people out there willing to offer their support. Thanks again, CHINCH.

You're welcome. Yes there are lots of willing members who'll help. So just shout if you have a problem. Viv.

Hi Pat, I told you about the verse that I have which is the same as the one in your book and I am posting it for you and the other verse which looks like a similar name and handwriting. I would love to know what you think? Regards, CHINCH.

Attachments

• 076 (800x531).jpg
    076 (800x531).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 077 (800x531).jpg
    077 (800x531).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 14
Yes, the two verses are pretty much the same, just the odd word. Handwriting looks very similar and could be the same - different writing instrument and 18 years apart.

The forum watermark hides the signature on the other verse - what is the name?

Attachments

• IMG_3999.JPG
    IMG_3999.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 11
Put the first line of the verse into Google and you quickly discover, it's a well known verse by William Edward Norris.
It seems the verse is well quoted today, so may have been widely known and used in the past.

Meant to ask in my previous post - what do others think about a handwriting match?

Yes, the two verses are pretty much the same, just the odd word. Handwriting looks very similar and could be the same - different writing instrument and 18 years apart.

The forum watermark hides the signature on the other verse - what is the name?
Hi Pat, the name is, Cecil Harry or Henry Lloyd or Lind? Maybe I'm not on the right track if this is such a widely used verse. It does look like the same writing though, the "p" is the same.I tried to make an appointment to look at the records at the library but they inform me that the records are closed for 100 years, However, I can pay a stranger to look at them for me!! Strange.

Pat, here is the autograph again. Hopefully, you can decipher the name better than me.

Attachments

• 086 (800x531).jpg
    086 (800x531).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 15
Back