• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tustin Florence May

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
Hi everyone - hopefully I have listed this request on the appropriate thread????

I am trying to trace some information for my dear old great aunt? It she had an aunt who committed suicide sometime in 1950/60's? It appears there was some form of family break-up?

Due to the family break-up all contact with her aunty (prior to her suicide) was lost. At the wonderful age of 88 my great aunt now wants to find out the date of death of her aunty and whether she married her long term man friend?

Her name was Florence May Tustin born 14th August 1899 (?) and her man friend was Harold Matthews (no other information)

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Mabz

Marriage registered a Florence M Tustin & a Harold Matthews, Meriden Mar qtr 1938.

Death registered for a Florence N Matthews, Bham Dec qtr 1946. Middle initial is wrong so not sure but seems to be the only one of the right age. You might have to order the death certificate to get the exact date.

Thank you so much. I will telephone her with the information. You will have made her so happy. Mabz

Did you notice the edit, I put the wrong death up to begin with?

There's a death registered for a Harold Matthews, Bham Mar qtr 1968.

here they are in 1939 on the eve of war register.

Matthews Household (2 People) 98 Stechford Road, Birmingham C.B., Warwickshire, England

FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER
Florence M Matthews 14 Aug 1899 Female Housewife & Shorthand Ty Married 66 2
Harold Matthews 02 Oct 1902 Male Universal Grinder ? Gun Tools Married 66 1

Thanks you both so much. She is absolutely thrilled and has asked me to pass on her sincere gratitude for you help. Mabz

Here's a snip of Florence's probate. She died 21 July 1947 aged 47.

Attachments

• florence may matthews nee tustin probate.JPG
    florence may matthews nee tustin probate.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 17
Mayfield , not that it would be of interest to you aunt but Harold Matthews married a second time to a Florence Walters formerly Pendleton a divorcee they are at 98 Stechford Road in 1955 and there is a marriage in 1953.Florence died in 1984 Thomas Frederick Walters her ex in 1976.

Last edited:
Back