• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

49 Grosvenor St, Ladywood 1913

earlgary

master brummie
I believe my great grandmother ran a shop at 49 Grosvenor St, Ladywood is it possible to tell me what sort of shop it was? Any information would be appreciated her name was Charlotte Norman.

The 1912 electoral roll confirms that Charlotte Ann Norman was at 49 Grosvenor Street West. By 1920 she had gone and a Clara Davidson was at the address.

Thank you Bammot for the directory, and to Lloyd who always comes up with the answers, I don't know what I would do if I hadn't got this site to turn to,

The 1912 electoral roll confirms that Charlotte Ann Norman was at 49 Grosvenor Street West. By 1920 she had gone and a Clara Davidson was at the address.
Hi I remember that shop it was on the corner of Grosvenor St West and Sherborne Street, the man that ran it then was named Arthur sorry I do not know the surname, I am gussing this was about 1958/60. Does any one else have any information on this?

HI Earlgary at one pointthere was a norman family living in 1 / 17 blyth street have you checked that out
may be that when she left Grosvenor street west to live there
I also recall a norman family living in norman steet winson green afew later
best wishes Astonian,,,,

Back