• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ken Dodd

norfolk brummie

gone but not forgotten
At last!!

A Knighthood for one of our greatest comedians. I worked with 'Doddy' in the sixties. Never the same act two nights running.

Arise, Sir "Diddy Doddy". Well deserved, and thanks for all your years of making us laugh, and feel happy.

Eddie

As a friend has just said: Tax evasion seems to pay off. At least Ken Dodd did pay up. More than can be said for some peoo0ple.

Always loved Ken Dodd's response: "When Income Tax was introduced it was a penny in the pound..........I thought it still was!" He had the court in fits of laughter.

Eddie

ha ha i like that eddie...well done to sir ken dodd...he was always on our telly back in the day

Congratulation ken long deserving and well over due and not before time
and he certaily made me smile with laughter and he certaily brought tears to my eyes
As i am sure he did for manyof people as myself
well done ken, or should i say now thank you Sir Ken,, with tears of soveneirs and Happines
Astonian,,,,,,,,

Well deserved in my opinion. Went to one of his shows few years ago, he warned us not to expect to leave early and if we did he would come around to our houses and shout jokes through the letterbox :). The show started at 7.30 pm and finished at 1.30 am with one short break, I don't think anyone left as he was such a great act.

I watched two of his programs yesterday and they were full of laughter and lovely songs. In my opinion they were the best on TV for Christmas!!
Well done Sir Ken!
rosie.

Arise Sir Ken Dodd!

If you get the train from Birmingham New Street to Liverpool Lime Street with London Midland, one of the first things you would see when you get off the train is his statue!

Seen Ken about a year ago, excellent, yes no fixed end.

Ken Dodd - 2017 Sun 26 February 2017

Evening Sun 26 February 2017 17:00 Prince of Wales-Cannock

Took a photo of Ken Dodd that was shown in another thread: Growing up in Brum, Roy Blakey inspired #707. I don't know how to provide a link to this thread. Ken was at Shirley in May 1960. Dave.

Ken Dodd was and is my favourite comedian. I did see him live many years ago but this must have been before the days of his notorious late running. I thought his joke on TV the other night about how he invented Self Assessment for tax very good. I had not heard that one before. I didn't think he would ever make it with his tax history. I know the press have the list of awards before it is published but to have three hours of Doddy on TV the night his knighthood was announced was something else.

Back