• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Marriott's Pugh Road

TPT.50

Brummie babby
Hi, anyone out there remember Marriott's corner shop in Pugh Rd Aston? (Frank) sold everything from ciggies to toys etc, a little like todays "minimart", also anyone recognise the name Thompson from 17 Pugh Rd? we're talking late 20s through to late 50s but earlier than that for the Marriott's,

Any memories or info on the said road would be great for my new project of tracing my family's Aston history,

Regards, Tony.

Hi, anyone out there remember Marriott's corner shop in Pugh Rd Aston? (Frank) sold everything from ciggies to toys etc, a little like todays "minimart", also anyone recognise the name Thompson from 17 Pugh Rd? we're talking late 20s through to late 50s but earlier than that for the Marriott's,

Any memories or info on the said road would be great for my new project of tracing my family's Aston history,

Regards, Tony.
My wife was born at 41.her name was Diane Ball.her parents where Ted and Violet . Her aunt kept the shop 39 .Sam and Alice Style's.

Regards, Tony.
Hi Tony,
I'm also researching the Marriott's for a museum exhibition and would love to share information. Feel free to email me.
Leanne

Back