• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Westwood

Turbo79

knowlegable brummie
Looking for Westwood family tree from Hampstead nr West Bromwich, vera Westwood was my grandmother born 7th March 1927 with siblings Eric and Dennis

Children of Samuel Westwood and Ivy S Simpson, marriage registered West Bromwich, Jun qt 1918.

There might have been a fourth child Kenneth born 1930, died young.

There's a Samuel Westwood b1895 Hamstead, son of Edward and Hannah, living in Perry Barr 1901.

Possible marriage for Edward Westwood to a Hannah Jeavons registered Dudley, Sep qtr 1870.

Hannah's birth is listed as Bilston and there are at least a couple of Hannah Jeavons that could be her.

Edward's birthplace is listed as Brierley Hill at least once.

Possible marriage for Edward Westwood to a Hannah Jeavons registered Dudley, Sep qtr 1870.

Hannah's birth is listed as Bilston and there are at least a couple of Hannah Jeavons that could be her.

Edward's birthplace is listed as Brierley Hill at least once.
MWS, you deserve a medal, Kenneth was the fourth sibling and Samuel Westwood was my grandmothers father

Edward also lists his birthplace as Brookmoor, which is probably Brockmoor, between Brierley Hill and Kingswinford.

There are then a couple of Edward's it could be.

Drawing a blank on Ivy S Simpson, born 1896ish and death registered West Brom Sep qtr 1964.

No birth seems to match, could she be Scottish or Irish?

Drawing a blank on Ivy S Simpson, born 1896ish and death registered West Brom Sep qtr 1964.

No birth seems to match, could she be Scottish or Irish?
I remember my nan saying years ago that she has descendants from Scotland, and something about the surname "royal or royle"

If you can get the marriage certificate for Samuel and Ivy then you should get her Father's name which might help find her on earlier records.

Back