• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Pen Room Fredrick Street

A small metal container (2 inches by 1 inch by a quarter inch deep) from D.Leonardt & Co, Birmingham which contains nibs. It's not very old as I think I bought it about 5-years ago. Dave.

Attachments

• P1020713.JPG
    P1020713.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 16
Saw this wallpaper in a bedroom at a Stratford-upon-Avon hotel last week. It shows pen nibs that were made by companies in Birmingham. Probably quite a good way of advertising local industry. Not sure that we will be putting this wallpaper up in our house. Dave.

Attachments

• P1020715 (2).JPG
    P1020715 (2).JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 14
I was in the Pen Room on Friday. It's being re-furbished and a lot of the collections are now not on show. They've made a "compulsory" £1 admission fee and when the refurbishment work is completed it will be £5. I do hope this doesn't put people off visiting but.........

hi charlie thanks for the info...i guess the collections will be replaced once the refurb is completed...in the greater scheme of things i dont think that £5 is over the top..the jewellery quarter museum charges £7 again reasonable i think...these little gems of places must be kept open...just cast my mind back to the problems aston manor transport museum had..they used to charge pennies to get in and now as we all know we have lost it...thanks again charlie ps i hope you veered off to the george and dragon now that its open again..:)

lyn

A donation needed for the place during lockdown. Intersting that they only suggest £2. Many other appeals look at much larger figures. I love pens and still have many They are worth supporting I believe.

Alan,

Thanks for that and donation made. At least 8 of my ancestors worked for Perry Pens, so I could hardly refuse that request.

Maurice :cool:

I hope there is more interest, than the five names which liked my post, about the urgent appeal for the Pen Room. It will be a sad loss to the city's heritage if it fails.

I hope there is more interest, than the five names which liked my post, about the urgent appeal for the Pen Room. It will be a sad loss to the city's heritage if it fails.

At least one more - I made a donation! I can't see who has donated without registering with Crowdfunder or have I missed something? I donated as a guest.

I had actually made a donation already, it came up in my FB feed. I'm not in Brum now but my sister and I visited a few years ago when we were both visiting our mother - it's a great little museum.

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Jukebox, but with a rent of £1,600 a month, that extra above the original target will be a help as it is difficult to estimate when enterprises like this will be able to get back to normal.

Maurice :cool:

Back