• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

kenyon street police station

G

GREGORY103

My grandfather was based at kenyon street when he served in the brum
police. I believe that he was serving in the 30s from a conversation with
my cousin who remembers him being on point duty at Hockley Brook
I have a photo with him in uniforn ; with a badge number 27 MC !!
Any ideas whether I could find his ervice records on any other info
Thanks

Peter Jones aka Gregory103

Thanks Geofred and KenH

Dave's very helpful, but the plot thickens !
My grandad Gregory had a photo taken of him wearing a uniform and a cape plus helmet. The lapel had 23 MC as and id.
Dave says Grandad not in Brum police could be railway policemem
MC could be Midlands County Railway.... more info needed

Thanks again for your help !!

Peter Jones

I had a similar problem and contacted the Museum and they were very helpful, try [email protected] he appears to be able to put his hand on information - fast!

Good Luck

Does this contact give the ok to those of us wanting to put up photos from books and magazines of police stations etc out there in the public domain? Have a Kenyon Street 1930's photo and others similar.

Richie,
I cannot answer that question as I have no idea, still, it would not hurt to drop him a line and ask - he can always re-direct you. An old neighbour always said ' There's nothing for the dumb' - in other words, if you don't ask, you won't ever know! I look forward to seeing you photo's soon.

Good Luck

[SIZE=+1]https://www.ybapublications.co.uk/Flyerblog/wordpress/?p=86[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] Gregory103, Have a look at this website. Len.
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Hi carolina
Sorry i am inclined to go with simon on the cortina for stating 1964 cortina
The cortina is roughly early fifty nine early 1960 in sixty one the cresswells had them coming
Very demanding through fords at there service depot at the bottom of wellington street
Bus terminus opersite the soho taven up under the rail way bridge i have to beg your parden but i just cannot recall the proper name of the street just now as i worked on them checking them in and making sure they was all
Cleaned from tapes of sticky around the bumpers and checking that all parts are correct
And making sure there was a break down kitt in the boot befor being taken to the bristol road shop
A small show room just along from st Lukes church and the bristol picture house
And also i will tell you of the black car on your second picture opersite the gates of keyon street
Was in fact the inspector of keyon street police station whom owned that car at that time
He later became chief inspector of birmingham central police operating at steel house lane
And to put a smile on it bit whilst chief inspector of the police of birmingham police
He actualy sold that car for another one,
And unknown to the younger or should i say new police officiers within the force never knew the force had
Sold the car .
And it was oldest brother bought the car and one saturday morning going to work at the Old
Electrity board namey MEB chester street aston as an apprentice electrician,
Was driving down park lane when there was a young police officier was on point duty
Standing in the middle of the aston cross controlling traffic from all anggles
Seen the car coming towards him so the police stopped all the traffic from al postions
And waved him through he done that becasuse he thought it was the chief inpector in his car,best wishes as always
Alan,,,Astonian,,,,

Hi guys
To add to my previous thread what i have just said about keyon street
And the chief inspector for keyon street became chife superitendant of birmingham police head quartesand that was in fact is car when made up he got a better car Alan,,,,

Hi guys
To add to my previous thread what i have just said about keyon street
And the chief inspector for keyon street became chife superitendant of birmingham police head quartesand that was in fact is car when made up he got a better car his name was chief superintendant mr Baumber
From keyon street and that was his car parked across the road then he became chief of the city of brum,

Hi Alan,
Gerry Baumber was never Chief Constable of Birmingham He was, in fact, a Detective Chief Superintendent in charge of Birmingham CID.
Chris Beresford (Old Boy)

Well thats what i meant old boy
I recall him very well indeed and he was in the news more often than Ansells brewery advert

Back