• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Songs Of Birmingham

boro keith

knowlegable brummie
Sitting at home in the N.E of England watching T.V and all the time there are adverts for C.D of songs about Newcastle does anyone know if there are any songs about Birmingham would there be enough for a C.D ?

Hi Boro Keith, the only one that springs to mind is Birmingham Blues by ELO, but I'm sure some of the other members will come up with more.
Loosely i suppose,Spaghetti Junction is mentioned in "Convoy" by Lorry Lingo and the Dipsticks!
Sue

Not actually about Brum but does anyone recall a record which has a taxi despatcher telling a driver to go to an address ? The driver won't comply because it's the home of his ex.
The despatcher had a brummie accent and sounded like my kid brother.
My eldest son, when he was little, couldn't understand how his Uncle Derek was on the radio.

There is a cassette or disc about a ride around the No.8 bus route, I bought this for my brother who lives in Australia, I think it was made by Laurie Hornsby, but not quite sure.

Sung and co-written by Paul Phillips of Wolverhampton so not far away.

Need a bit of cheering up? Try any of the links above. There's even a Carl Chinn ditty in pudding's post #5! Viv.

There is a great old jazz song, often played in jazz clubs in days gone by. It is called BIRMINGHAM BOUNCE. Sadly it refers to Birmingham, Alabama

Back