• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Christopher French

Va11ance

Served in RGA died of wounds Jan 1917. Awarded Medaille Militaire but dont know what for. Any takers please?

This seems to be the reason, though rather a short report

Attachments

• Birm mail 20.6.17.jpg
    Birm mail 20.6.17.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 10
Even his army record on Ancestry does not list the reason why but it looks as if his Father had the medal presented so there might be newspaper record.
I found a record but as I don't have a subscription I can't see if it says why he was awarded the medal. Someone else on here might be able to help. https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results/1917-01-01/1917-12-31?basicsearch=christopher french&somesearch=christopher french Or you could take out a month subscription.

Janice
Thank you for your help. Have searched the newspapers and found what I was looking for.

Back