• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Things kids say.

This is not from a childs mouth but made us laugh I had to tell you. So as not to be off topic lets say the person who said it is in his second childhood. Our grandson visited us on Friday and the first thing he has is one of grandads cups of tea. We all sat down and was watching a lady having her hair made longer when grandad said "I couldn't sit there for that long to have implants" when Anthony burst out laughing almost choking over his tea and myself taking a sharp exit to the loo. Anthony, when he had stopped laughing explained that implants are put somewhere else and the lady was having extentions. Grandad then saw the funny side of what he has said. Jean.

My five year old grandson went rushing into his mother when he woke up yesterday and said - 'we're going bowling today, I heard it on TV' - he dosent understand 'polling'!!!!!!
Sheri

On one of my many visits to Key Hill Cemetery I was accompanied by my five year old granddaughter. After a short walk she asked is this where all the dead people are....trying to keep the subject light I said yes.......she then asked when are they going to wake up.....this carried on a conversation which made me smile at the way children think and brightened my day! Oh to be five!!

I had been off sick with chickenpox and when I returned a little boy in one of my classes asked how I was and what had been the matter. When I told him he answered "I don't mean to be rude miss but shouldn't you have had shingles like my nan"?. OOOOOPS. Jean.

One bright , cold autumn day , not a cloud in the sky , and in rushed my twin daughters , aged 3 .
"Daddy , there's an aeroplane scratching the sky!!!" .
And another time ,
"Daddy , I've got lemonade in my fingers"
Can you figure them out ? I did the first one , but it took a few minutes for the second one .

There are twin boys living next door and when their neighbor the other side passed away they asked their dad where she had gone?. He answered "To Heaven" to which they replied "When is she comig back?".

Have posted this on Facebook ..my 3 year old grandson spelt electric to me ..I was so proud ...then he spelt sleep ZZZZ..i was even more proud ..LOL

I was judging at the Three Counties Show about 30 years ago and my wife and I were having lunch in the judges and stewards tent. Our 5 year old had been playing happily outside on the bales of straw. He obviously was feeling hungry and came in to find us; "are there any left-overs for me" he pleaded, much to the amusement of the gathered diners.
On another occasion he had eaten his way to the pudding and remembering the efforts at pastry-making of my wife, he asked, "Could I have some custard please, to soften the pastry?"
The pastry is brilliant now!
Ted

I was sitting on the beach in Devon with my four year old grand-daughter who was wrapped in a towel, the rest of the clan were down at the riverside. Her fifth birthday was a few days away and I said to her. 'Lottie, when are you five', she thought for a second or two the replied, 'When Iv'e finished being four'. Can't beat it can you. (She is now twenty). Sorry Folks.

My wife was playing I-Spy with our 4 yr old grand-daughter, Kelsey yesterday, and it was Kelseys turn. She said" I-Spy something beginning with T" so the wife went through the usual, telly, table, etc and then gave up. She asked Kelsey what it was, and she said, Clown. It turns out it is a clown ornament on the window-sill. Funny how kids minds work isnt it ?

I was sitting on the beach in Devon with my four year old grand-daughter who was wrapped in a towel, the rest of the clan were down at the riverside. Her fifth birthday was a few days away and I said to her. 'Lottie, when are you five', she thought for a second or two the replied, 'When Iv'e finished being four'. Can't beat it can you. (She is now twenty). Sorry Folks.

Haha, that's quite clever of her :pride:

the other week i had 2 of my granchirldren trinity who is 9 and callum who is 16, my husband was talking to callum about football , when all of a sudden trinity said to ron my husband, grandad have you ever been taken from behind, had to go in to the kitchen couldnt help but laugh, [ i know she ment in a tackle,]

Pamela, I love that, I'd have had to hide too!!
My now 13 year old son, on being in trouble at school for his handwriting again, in exasperation said to us and his teacher "well there's no point in writing Miss, I am better than you on the computer you said, I'll use that" He did get told off for being rude, but he does have a point in this techno age - and his writing still hasn't improved much!
Sue

another old saying by kids years ago playing hide and seek was ackie one two three found you
and another one playing games was arley barlie and run back to the post to comfirm you was found after running away from the person whom was counting to one hundred hiding there face so other kids could run off and hide to be found by the person whom had to hide there face
and does any body want to plat glarnies ;; [ marbles ]
best wishes astonian ;;

Back again with another one. My youngest grand-daughter started school this summer, and has been getting home-work from the start. The other day she came home and her Mom went into her school bag to find that todays home-work was to learn the word "EAT". So she said to Kelsey,"Todays word is something you do every day", & "you do it all the time", to which Kelsey replied, "MOAN". Its great what kids come out with, isnt it ?

I've just remembered when Mom sent me to the butcher's for some belly draft but I was embarrassed to say "belly" and asked for tummy pork, they thought it was so funny!
rosie.

I had visitors yesterday, the children went outside in the garden and said it was "sick"! Apparently that means they loved it! It's got a bit wild and overgrown this year, not like the well-kept gardens they are used to.
rosie.

We were in the Hospital waiting area and a lady was trying to keep her son occupied by asking him questions from a book. He was doing well until she asked "What's a carnivore?" He replied "It's like Halloween"! I presume he thought she said carnival!
rosie.

Back