• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Raleigh tysley

pam m

master brummie
Hi, does anyone remeber this factory in tysley birmingham??, is it still there?? i remember it been there in the 80`s dont know how long it was there previously any info or pictures pleaseeee:)

Raleigh in Tysley not sure on this one Raleigh are a Nottingham Co. are you thinking of Dawes Cycles by any chance. Dek

Hi dek, i thought it was raleigh them selves, sorry dek my oppologys, i think you are right, what has kinda threw me was that im sure they did raleigh parts confusing me with been raleigh themselves

I think Reynolds Tubes is still in James Road Tyseley by the council tip . I'm not certain but I thought Tube Investments owned Raleigh in the past and Reynolds were part of TI Bernie

ccc.jpg
I have put this aticle here because Reynolds tubes is mentioned in the previous post.
It was in todays newspaper.

I worked in the offices of TI Reynolds when I left school. In those days you barely needed an interview - if you knew someone who worked there you just turned up on the Monday morning. I got my job because my grandad was Steward at the Reynolds Social Club in Tanworth Lane, Shirley. I stayed at Reynolds (or TI Hollow Extrusions) as it later became known, for 15 years. I met my husband at Reynolds - he worked in the cycle department and my best friend worked there until it finally closed it's doors some years ago.

The Health and Safety officer would have had a blue fit had he known some of the things that went on there but it was one big happy family and everyone had each others back. It's a shame things have to move on and technology takes over from hard graft and comraderie. They were very happy days.

welcome to the forum chebalina...smashing post off you about working at reynolds and very often it was a case of not what you knew but who you knew.. in those days it was so much easier to find a job...when i left school in 1970 i applied for 6 jobs and had proper interviews for each one..i was offered 5 of those 6 jobs...these days you are lucky to get an interview...how times have changed in such a relatively short time...hope you enjoy the forum keep those memories coming:)

lyn

Back