• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lynn - Burial Help

caz123

Hi I located where my great grandfather Henry Lynn and his wife Adelaide Lynn died in 1951 Oct whilst on holiday at Weston-Super-Mare. They lived at Bromford Rd Castle Bromwich and were both in mid seventies I can't seem to find where they were buried? I have the death cert and it was registered in Nov 1951 and I have the coroners report but that doesn't say where they were actually buried. I live in Yorkshire and as Henry left his family in Yorkshire he started a new life in Birmingham so we don't know much else about his later life please can anyone help?

Hello, have you tried Birmingham Council? They helped me locate my grandfathers grave in Lodgehill cemetery. We are from Ireland and never knew my grandfather as he died when my dad was little. Hope that helps x

Hi Caz123,

My friends parents lived in the same area as your grandparents and their funerals were at Yardley Cemetery. Might be worth a try.

Hi we went to Birmingham Library and located an article about the coroners report however it didn't mention the funeral etc so not sure I tried the cemetery as you did and they couldn't locate them?

It is possible they were cremated - either in Weston or in Birmingham. They could also have been buried in Weston. I assume it would have been cheaper than bringing the bodies home.

Janice

Oh sorry you haven't found them yet. I think there is a number of cemeteries in Birmingham, although I don't know the names, sorry x

I did check Witton, Key Hill, Handsworth and Warstone Lane as I have a downloaded index. I couldn't find them. The problem is that some online church records don't go as far as 1951.

Janice

Back