• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Elizabeth alice slater

Emmie Germishuys

knowlegable brummie
I am looking for the family of Elizabeth Alice Slater who was married to:
HORACE JOSEPH SMITH - the Birmingham boxer - Leonard Horace Smith - Len "Tiger" Smith's father.

Would like to make contact with the SLATER side of the family as well as the history of the SLATERS

Any information with regard to Elizabeth Alice Slater's parents or siblings will be much appreciated!

I have been very fortunate - made contact with the Smith side.

Elizabeth Alice (Slater - my mother's grandmother) Smith and Horace Joseph Smith's children were:-

Leonard Horace - died 1977
Alice - died 1998
Edie - died 1996
Maud - ?
Vera - died a few years ater my granded - Leonard Horace

I have no information other than this - please help??:confused:
Emmie

• Appreciate
Reactions: Bev
The lady who married Horace joseph Smith was Elizabeth Mary Slater
June 1906,Aston,ref 6d 412

Elizabeth Mary Slater was born Sept 1881 Birmingham,ref 6d 23

Thank you Alberta,

Now I can enter another name on my Family Tree!
Should you come accross any other information with regards to Elizabeth Mary Slater, ie who her parents were, the names of her siblings etc. please forward it to me??
Your help is MOST APPRECIATED!! Thank you most kindly....
:)
Emmie

Hi Emmie,I came across your thread whilst Browsing. Len tiger smith was my uncle, ( my mother was Florence Vera Cragg nee Smith) and was Lens youngest sister I went to fetch Len from Heathrow Airport London on his return to UK from South Africa with my Aunt Edie (also Lens sister) While I was on Army leave, I think in 1973. Maud May died in Jan or feb of 1969 and mother died 3rd Feb 1981 I hope this information is of use to you Cousin. I have just started to research the family history myself, and any information you have on the slater side of the family would be most welcome, regards Don

• Appreciate
Reactions: Bev
The lady who married Horace joseph Smith was Elizabeth Mary Slater
June 1906,Aston,ref 6d 412

Elizabeth Mary Slater was born Sept 1881 Birmingham,ref 6d 23

Hello, my 3rd gr grand aunt was Elizabeth Slater - not saying the same one as yours....and I do not have any marriage info on her, so could be/or not, the same one. Parents John and Elizabeth, sister Martha................

Back