• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Wean Brogan

1. W

Brogan family

Thank you
  2. W

Brogan family

Do you know where James Brogan (husband of Edith Hale) served in the war ? which regiment or area of the country he was based ? if he was in the war of course ? Thank you
  3. W

Brogan family

Thank you so much.
  4. W

Brogan family

Sorry for backtracking but can you tell me DOB of James Brogan (husband of Edith Maud Hale) please ? I've checked back but can't find it, thanks.
  5. W

Brogan family

ha ha it certainly seems that way doesn't it ?
  6. W

Brogan family

Thanks again
  7. W

Brogan family

I guess its the fact that the birth was registered twice is confusing me. Thank you for your reply.
  8. W

Brogan family

Its not easy is it ??
  9. W

Brogan family

oh I wish I knew that before parting with my money ! thank you anyway, I will use that option for other records. I am also thinking that the only way to really know who the father is, is to find out if James (Ediths husband) was in fact in Liverpool or indeed the country in August 1916 - which...
  10. W

Brogan family

Thank you
  11. W

Brogan family

Thanks again - yes I know, I've just had to pay £14 for a copy of my own birth certificate for a volunteer position I've applied for !
  12. W

Brogan family

I just checked the entries and I think I got it wrong - of course both are registered as Brogan. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  13. W

Brogan family

Thank you
  14. W

Brogan family

oh golly -thank you ! a bit of a mystery here then. I didn't know you could register a birth twice ? My suspicious mind is wondering if James Henry's father was really his father ? I suppose its possible he took on the child when marrying his wife and re-registered him as his own - is that...
  15. W

Brogan family

I don't know the year of my fathers birth (James Henry Brogan) or when and where he and my mother were married, (Irene Smith, 918 Alum Rock Road, Ward End) how can I find this out please?
Back