• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by walt00

1. walt00

Small heath

Another pic of Dixon Road for you Michaela. Wal x
  2. walt00

Butchers Small Heath.

Dont worry thanks its not that important....Wal.
  3. walt00

Butchers Small Heath.

Yes my interest is i was born Small Heath Coventry Road and some sent me pic on Facebook of W.T.Vincent Butchers Coventry Road Small Heath and i am just at a loss as to where it could be. 1900 was actually only a guess.....Thanks
  4. walt00

Butchers Small Heath.

Create Thread: Does anyone know the location W.F.Vincent butchers on Coventry Road Small Heath maybe around 1900 The history of Birmingham and its districts.
  5. walt00

Camp Hill Flyover

It was taken down in 1989 i worked with Gallagher for 25 years until they made everyone redundant in 1994. ......
  6. walt00

Small heath

Hi Alice yes i knew your Mom well we used to have a laugh and joke together. No i did not know Terry Brown. Sorry to hear Reggie died. If your Mom still around please give her my regards Thanks Wal xxx
  7. walt00

Small heath

Yes i knew them very well Alice was Sheila's Mom. Sheila married Reggie Oliver and went to live in Fosbrooke Road. Alice was Scots !!!! I think yuo'll find they lived at No 7.!!
  8. walt00

Small heath

Hi Kingsley i was born at 3 Russell Grove, Regent Pat Road in 1945 and Lizzie (Liz Gourlay) came to live at No 4 around 1963/64 i knew everyone then. Cant say i knew Ted though. Wal Prottey.
  9. walt00

R.I.P Dennis

Rip Dennis.......xx
  10. walt00

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

If i remember it was down nearly facing The Wrexham Pub by Woolworths i went in there a couple of times it was very cluttered but the owner knew exactly where to find anything. Wal.
  11. walt00

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

For the life of me i cant remember, and i used to go in the St Andrews restaurant next door to the left. I do remember a a used car sales pitch somewhere around by there in the 50's. Wal.
  12. walt00

Butler Street, Small Heath

Hi Cinderella. I was born and lived in Regents Park Road from 1945 until 1963. I used the Coach until it closed i might know your Mom my name is Wal Prottey do you know me. Wal.
  13. walt00

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

14. walt00

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

Hi Redken i remember it well we used to shop there at one time. It was an unlucky shop for me as one night on the way home from work me and the Missus decided to pop in and buy something we needed so i parked up outside and when i came out £20.00 parking ticket on windscreen. And i only spent...
  15. walt00

TILTON Road, Small Heath

Thanks for the relpy Terry i went to school with a kid named Terry Carter. Thanks Wal.
Back