• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by tina james

1. T

Shenstone Road "open Air" School

names i can remember was Mr rawlings headmaster Mrs Ashmore Mrs drew Mr colins
  2. T

i think Mr Rawlins daughter worked there her name was Mrs McGuire sorry if spelt name wrong
  3. T

hi i rember the house name in bognor regis it was called martineau house
  4. T

Handsworth

has anyone got any photos of 2 Charles road hands worth and 133 Stamford road as i used to live there
  5. T

Birmingham Open Air Schools - Cropwood, Hunter's Hill, Marsh Hill and Skilts (excl. Haseley Hall and Uffculme)

1978/1985 stayed on for extra year Mr Williams the headmaster did a mistake and put me in boys dormitory so he said if i looked after the boys all i need was to go to english and maths got paid 8 pound
  6. T

Birmingham Open Air Schools - Cropwood, Hunter's Hill, Marsh Hill and Skilts (excl. Haseley Hall and Uffculme)

the teachers i remember at hunters hill/crop wood are Mr Kesterton Mr jones Mr smith Mrs boddison Mrs Woodward Mrs Coleman mr williams headmaster mr tedds the care staff Mrs jones mrs lejuine (sorry if name spelt wrong) miss fisher miss Williams miss thompson miss moore Mr pennnet miss rymell...
  7. T

Birminghams Children's Hospital - Ladywood Middleway

it doesn't look like the hospital seems strange now used to be in there quite a lot when i was younger from a baby to my teenage years
  8. T

i remember some teachers from cropwood and hunters hill cropwood teachers Mrs. boddison Mr. smith miss bannister/woodward care staff cropwood miss rimmel miss Parr miss Dore miss fisher miss Williams/parry miss reeves/cater miss farmer hunters hill teachers Mr. I jones Mr. walker Mr...
  9. T

i went to cropwood in the late70s i got picked on by the girls they did some awful stuff to me edited to remove distressing content * ........ chucked my bed sheets and blanket in the bath i got blamed for it it kind of affected me badley i never told anyone *Editing of the above post. Some...
Back