• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
superdad3
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• superdad3
      superdad3 reacted to Tuppenny Rice's post in the thread Holy Trinity Church Bordesley. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Our family lived there, great grandad was caretaker of the school and my grandparents Sydney and Irene lived a few doors down. Say hello...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Holy Trinity Church Bordesley. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Judging by these two snippets that seems very possible
    • superdad3
      superdad3 replied to the thread Holy Trinity Church Bordesley..
      Hi Lyn, Yes, there is an Oldknow Road in Smallheath. Some of my wifes relatives used to live there in the 1940/50s. and it was called...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Holy Trinity Church Bordesley. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      oddly enough i am doing a bit of research for someone and i am sure one or two of the bapts/burials was conducted by the rev joseph...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 replied to the thread Holy Trinity Church Bordesley..
      Long been interested in Holy Trinity because of my wife's ancestors association with it. Just read through forum posts on it [132 - well...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 replied to the thread Moseley Village.
      We worshipped at St Agnes Church together at a time when it was very much a local community church. Your father and I both served on the...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 replied to the thread Moseley Village.
      Used to know Fred Parsons [another barrister] slightly who lived in St Agnes Rd - did he perhaps buy the house off your family? Have...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 reacted to Team Parspeed's post in the thread Moseley Village with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I lived at 56 St Agnes Road from about 1963 until about 1970. My father was a barrister and head of chambers at Fountain Court in...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 replied to the thread Conybere Street Highgate.
      Really pleased that phots were enjoyed. Just a few more to complete post - all from St Albans Parish Magazine. Vaughton Street in...
      • 1709834713663.png
      • 1709834575244.png
      • 1709834456239.png
      • 1709834344019.png
    • superdad3
      superdad3 replied to the thread Save Birmingham.
      Agree with everything you say. Eleven libraries would not provide any realistic service for Birmingham residents. The geographical...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 reacted to localmike's post in the thread Save Birmingham with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I could write plenty on the sites I care about and know well. I have looked at the Save Birmingham website, and it is a very laudable...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Save Birmingham with Appreciate Appreciate.
      According to the Dispatch there are some rather weird plans for the old hospital at 80 Broad St. something one might have envisioned in...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 replied to the thread Save Birmingham.
      When I saw this, I couldn't believe my eyes. I hope even BCC will throw this out but have no confidence in BCC looking at their record...
    • superdad3
      superdad3 reacted to Lily_Mae's post in the thread Holy Trinity Church Bordesley. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Thats awful. I have Gt Gt Gt grandparents who were buried there. I quite live to know that they are still at rest. Is nothing sacred???
    • superdad3
      superdad3 reacted to Lily_Mae's post in the thread Holy Trinity Church Bordesley. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Thank you Janice. So if the graves themselves were not removed they are likely continually "disturbed" due to continuous traffic over...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back