• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by sue griffiths

1. S

William and Rosehannah Waite, Wold Walk, Hall Green.

Richard and Rosehannah were Williams parents.
  2. S

Thanks for this information. I got my wires crossed it was William and Kathleen. Eva was his neice. Thank you to everyone for your help.
  3. S

William and Rosehannah Waite were shopkeepers and lived at 9 Wold Walk, Hall Green, Birmingham. They were known to be there between 1939 and 1955. Had a son Bernard J and daughter Dorothy E. Has anyone any information on the family or type of shop that they ran. An information greatfully received.
  4. S

Deakin

In February of 1906 my Great Grandmother Mary Ann Waite was a witness in a Attempted Murder and Suicide in Deakins road, Yardley. The newspaper article stated that Robert John Bainbridge of 45 Deakins Road, had attempted to muder his wife by stabbing her with a kitchen knife. She had escaped and...
  5. S

Evington Terrace, Hay Mills

My Great Grandfather Richard Waite was living at 40 Berkeley Road in 1906, He committed suicide in an outhouse behind the house, He hung himself.
  6. S

birmingham 1969-73

Thank you so much, I know the Waite family lived at 23 Speedwell Road in 1891. Then moved in 1901 census to 5 and 6 Westerley Terrace so most probably this road. Richards son Enos lived with the Kiteley family at no.7.
  7. S

birmingham 1969-73

Thank you fo this. I will take the photo of 5 and 6 Speedwell Road as a similar looking house.
  8. S

birmingham 1969-73

My Grandfather Richard Waite lived at 5 and 6 Westerley Terrace, Speedwell Road, would the houses there look the same as these.
  9. S

Blackshirts, Tupenny Pies, Holy Joe and Miss Lilly

Can't tell you how excited I was to come across this entry on Holy Joe. He was George Waite my Grandfather Ambrose William Waite's brother. I always thought it was a made up name until I started researching the family history am so grateful that I can now add this information to our files...
  10. S

Boswell John married Elizabeth Hunt at St Martins Birmingham think about 1857

Couldn't find him in the 1911 census but in the 1939 census he was living at 110 Bordesley Green East Birmingham with His wife Caroline and son Donald J Waite also living with them was Donald G Boswell. Donald J Waite is recorded as being an Army Sgt in the Royal Corps of signals 48 Div. On...
  11. S

Waite family - Yardley, Small Heath, Hay Mills

Hoping Penny P who replied to this post is still visiting the site. Would love to get in touch with her.
  12. S

Penny sorry its taken so long to reply have only just returned to the family history after a break; Just come across your thread any info you have would be great thanks. If I can help with any info please ask. Will keep checkin in to see if you have had the message. I have info for most of...
  13. S

Am looking for anyone with connections to the Waite family.Richard Waite b. Lower Heyford, Oxfordshire his wife Mary Ann moved with their family to the Solihull are in the 1870's. Ther children were Louisa born 1871 in Birmingahm known to the family as "Lady".Mary Jane born 1873 at Coleshill...
  14. S

Boswell John married Elizabeth Hunt at St Martins Birmingham think about 1857

Re: John Boswell married Elizabeth Hunt at St Martins Birmingham think about 1857 Enos Arthur Waite was one of my Grandfathers older brothers. The last five children being born at olton Barracks. I have detials of all the family including Enos. Enos Army No was TH/059654 he was a driver in the...
Back