• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by starbank2

1. S

The Dog that bit people..

Thanks folks - with respect I know all this, I was hoping that band members or family could tell more and how good this band was .
  2. S

The Dog that bit people..

Fantastic Birmingham band, anyone got any stories about them ?
  3. S

1920 -1948/49 Gertrude Lomas/ Walter Rawlins

Thank you for your interest and time pjm.:)
  4. S

Superb MWS, many thanks for your insight - great work ! I will pass this on to my Brother & Sister.......... Respect x
  5. S

Thanks for the info, we are confused daily.....
  6. S

All I know is Gertrude Tomlinson (my grandmother) Married a Henry Lomas (not my grandfather). She was buried as Gertrude Lomas in 1949 2 years after the death of Henry Lomas (husband) and late partner Walter Rawlins died 1947 (my grandfather)....
  7. S

Thanks for the interest shown, fingers crossed one day something will happen, cheers all.
  8. S

Thanks MWS. The Rawlins / Lomas connection are a real conundrum for us ? Once the old man died in 47 we think that Gertrude Snr (our Grandmother) then moved to live with my Aunt Hilda/Rawlins-Williams in Kitts Green ? Grandmother Gert died in 1949, Hilda is named on the death cert. Me and my...
  9. S

Still looking for Birmingham - Sparkbrook Lomas Family from 1919 - 1949, we need to find our grandmother and her family tree today......
  10. S

Hi all thanks again. MWS is correct Hilda Mary Williams was my Dad's half sister, she had 3 children Margaret, Cyril and Albert. She died in the early 70's. Phyllis E was my Dads/Uncle true sister, coincidently she also married a Williams who was a fireman.
  11. S

Thank you for your interest regarding my post. Brilliant local website of source.....
  12. S

To Alberta Interesting to see this info you posted In 1939 Henry Lomas a Galvaniser b 1869 is in Upper Trinity Street with son William b 1908 and daughter Lilly b 1918 his status is widower. Henry's ex wife (Gertrude) gave birth to children by Walter Rawlins - Phyllis in 1916 (My Aunt) 1920...
  13. S

Thanks Alberta. Should this be Cooksey Road ? Girtie 8 was my Dads step sister Billy Lomas was mentioned in the day and was my Dads half brother... Much appreciated x
  14. S

Yes I believe she was, Walter Jnr was from my grandfathers first wife Mary Ann Flint and is my fathers step brother. Thanks again.
Back