• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Secratery Bird

1. S

The Fair in Stechford!

My great uncle married a Drakeley ( Sorry can’t remember her name), they lived on this site in a house, I visited many times with my grandmother must have been 50’s. His name was Albert Rose, we had coal delivered by his sons for many years.
  2. S

Newtons Coach Company. Franchise Street.

Does anyone remember Minty’s cafe or Elsie’s little shop. I lived further down the street at 3/63, almost opposite the Wellhead Pub.
  3. S

Regina Drive, Perry Barr

I can remember a CoffinYard at the end, before the park.. We used to push a old pram with sacks to collect the wood off cuts , they were piled high in the yard of the works. We filled sacks and put them in the pram, when we got home (Franchise Street) it was stacked neatly into the woodshed to...
  4. S

Newman Tonks - Newtown

Hi, my name when I worked at Newman’s was Wendy Dunn. I worked as Bill Hartland (Works Manager) secretary, starting August 1963. My desk was in the drawing office on the top floor. I remember many of the names mentioned. I used to visit the workshops collecting stock figures etc. Mr Hartland...
Back