• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Robayne

1. R

Frank Allen

Thanks RobT. I already have a map of the area POST 1881 clearly showing Ashleigh Place. I need to find out if these houses were there back in 1871 - for the Census, because I just can't find them in the Census and he says he was born there in 1872 (so not long after the 1871 Census). Unless...
  2. R

Frank Allen

Hello, I am desperately trying to find information on my Great Grandfather Frank ALLEN who was born at 2 Ashley Place (or possibly Ashleigh Place/Terrace) Handsworth around 1870 - 1872. I cannot find this address in the 1871 Census (or 1861) but I have found it in 1881 & 1891. So I guess my...
  3. R

Frank Allen

Hi I'm new to this site and am looking for any information on the place my Great Grandfather says he was born: 2 Ashley Place, Bull Ring, Birmingham. He was born on 05OCT1870 or maybe 1872 (I have conflicting info on this). I got the address from the 1921 Census that he filled out. His name (as...
Back