• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by red research

1. R

Help with headstone photos required

Will update you when I have anything. I doubt if there will be a headstone, but... Already found one in Yardley without.
  2. R

Afternoon Janice. Someone else has come back and said that there was a Caesar Llewellyn buried in Yardley in July 1941. He has given me details as below, but has said that the Areas are all numbers, not letters. I am trying to get confirmation on this.
  3. R

Mmmm. Interesting. I have checked the BNA, where there are a couple mentions of his death, but nothing re. funeral. Will check your suggestion out. Thanks.
  4. R

Deciding, if you don’t ask you don’t get, I contacted the church nd they that they do not have any recorded his funeral there. The search continues.
  5. R

They charge £15 for a search! A number of places do this, but I have found there are also a number who not only help with details, but go out of their way to actually go and take a photo for you.
  6. R

As I said Janice, thanks so much for taking the time to do this. Appreciated.
  7. R

Thank you Janice.
  8. R

This is, as you will well know, a major problem when trying to find players. Everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt. I have seen family tree details for even prominent players, totally wrong. Regards.
  9. R

Thank you so much for your time Janice, it really is appreciated. Jenkins was born 24 AUG. 1866 and died 23 JULY 1941. Cashmore, I have 30 OCT 1893, died 7 APR. 1943. Regards.
  10. R

Many thanks for that link. Much appreciated.
  11. R

Hi. I live in south-west Scotland and I am trying to obtain headstone, or plot photos of the graves of former Manchester United/Newton Heath footballers. There are two in the Birmingham area that I haven't managed to obtain and I wonder if anyone can help. They are - A. CASHMORE- YARDLEY CEM...
  12. R

Alfred Albut

Someone has visited the cemetery today, but unfortunately there appears to be no standing headstone, although there is one near to where Alf could be, but it is lying face down and too big to move. Further enquiries are being made.
  13. R

Alfred Albut

Sorry I haven’t been back on in regards to my search for Alf Albut’s Grave. I have the plot details and someone has said they will visit and take photos but they have been unable to do so as yet. There is another player buried in the same cemetery, so will hopefully be able to get photos of both...
  14. R

Alfred Albut

Yes I will Janice. Once I have the details and mange to get a photo of the headstone or whatever, I will do a mini bio.
  15. R

Alfred Albut

Yes, I have a note that he was a confectioner salesman.
Back