• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by rchs

1. R

Bertram Thomas Williams Royal Warks..

Thanks Terry, that's fantastic info, I have now actually got a photo of Bertram, Ron
  2. R

Specimens Of British Trench Orders

Sorry, meant interesting and informative, Ron
  3. R

Specimens Of British Trench Orders

Thanks mike, very interest
  4. R

Thanks Janice, I have sent for a copy of the will, cos Im nosey and I love a mystery lol, I will let you know what it says, Ron
  5. R

hi all, thanks for all your efforts, relating to bertie no.1 I found a death of a Bertie Williams in the 3rd quarter of 1890 Aston, Warwickshire. This makes things even more confusing ????? Ron
  6. R

Hi Lyn, got bertrams birth cert, born on 15th July 1893 St Martin Birmingham. Name... Bertram Thomas Father... Walter Williams a Boot riveter Mother.. Clara Williams formerly Pointing Residence..6, Court, Wrentham Street. Its a starting point to hopefully finding out a bit more, Ron
  7. R

Help Needed Please

hi lyn, its sad but it would be intresting to know why, how and where the other brothers died. Ron
  8. R

Help Needed Please

hi, found on cwgc website Eldred J Martin was a leuitenent in the 2nd Batt royal warwickshires buried Norfolk cemetery, becord el becourt. he was born in 1896. ancestry.co.uk have all info on 1901 and 1911 census his brothers are mentioned too. Wilfrid was born in 1895. They were all in boarding...
  9. R

hi Janice and Lyn, apparently the 1/6th warwickshires were on Redan Ridge their objective was Pendant Copse via Heidenkopf redoubt (british called it the quadrilateral) The following morning at roll call of the 850 men of the regiment that started the previous day only 95 answered their names of...
  10. R

Thank you all so much, I have so much info in such a short time, its enabling me to build a person out of just a name. thanks, Ron
  11. R

thanks Janice, I would like to try and build a picture of his life before and up to that fateful day so ancestry looks like a good place to start. It appears that those men had a really tough objective and suffered for it.
Back