• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by proper brummie

1. P

Tidworth Coaches And Silverstar Coaches

anyone remember the coaches that took servicemen down south,the coaches were boarded at midnight in Queens drive ,new st .station,they took passengers to various camps,I was in the Royal Signals,stationed in Tidworth,national service 1956 to 1958.
  2. P

Loxton Street School

hello ,I went to Loxton St school in1943 ,I was born in Bloomsbury St in1938,I remember ,Mr Walker, Mr Martin, Mr Bond,I was in theA stream ,I can remember Albert Fisher,Peter Pugh, John Baccochi,a good artist,Kenny Taylor,Matthew Matthews,Our house in Bloomsbury st was next to Bloomsury St...
  3. P

pie shop in new street birmingham?

good morning,can anybody help me,I have been asked not one but two questions,which I have no idea of the answers,question one,was there a pie shop in new st.? question two,can anyone remember a bottling plant in James watt st.? thankyou ,
  4. P

Birmingham buses

re birmingham buses there are a few paintings of buses and other forms of transport ,if you google mike jeffries artist ,enjoy
  5. P

Societies: Working Mens Clubs

Working Mens clubs, Anyone recognise these members of I think , Cromwell st. working Mens clubs dart team, my father john [jack ] Williams is standing far right. I hope this works,
  6. P

Turner Brothers Toolmakers

more info on some of the workforce at turners toolmakers ,g dept.manager tommy coles ass.manager jack dutton,george browns section,arthur snaith george lester,albert sharp,nobby? griffiths,harold griffiths,norman jewell,tommy pike,(radial driller) this apparently was just one section. do any of...
  7. P

CONEY Mary Ann c1863

george coney/nellie jackson Alberta thanks for the info on my wifes grandparents,we now have some solid information to start our search. Is it easy to gain access to the records?
  8. P

CONEY Mary Ann c1863

coney good morning sparkhill lad, my wife's maiden name is Coney,all she knows and how true it is we don't know but she was told that Coney was originally Coaney and when her great great grandparents came over from Ireland,they dropped the a. (The babby), thats my wife will be interested to...
  9. P

Thankyou to all the people who have contributed their time and have answered all my questions,its good to know there are still memories to be recalled to mind. The ex apprentice who asked me for any information is chuffed ,thanks again. (chuffed,an old army expression means happy or pleased):)
  10. P

Thankyou for the information,I copied the photographs off the computer,and took them to show Norman,the look of surprise on his face was worth all the trouble that you have taken,He went around Wetherspoons pub Sunday morning showing his cronies who usually play dominoe's. He was very upset that...
  11. P

Loxton School and Bloomsbury St

loxton st boys ,bloomsbury st.school. Thanks for the photos,the picture of the police station,brought back many memories,the house shown next door to the station,was the last house in the yard where we lived,See my contribution on neighbours and streets! Thanks again.
  12. P

Thankyou for the pictures,how sad! Actually I'm on this ,not for myself I am doing it for an old exemployee,who served his apprenticeship a long time ago at Turners.We were remembering old times,when there were good firms to work for,now the well established factories have gone to the wall...
  13. P

Bloomsbury Street

I was born in bloomsbury st,in 1938,we lived in a yard just down from the pub Turks head,next door there was a bike shop,Mac'gauleys,next door neighbours were the Corcorans,who were scottish,two girls Alice and Betty and a lad,I think his name was martin? there was a very old lady Mrs Winkett ,I...
  14. P

Loxton School and Bloomsbury St

loxton st boys ,bloomsbury st.school. Isn't it a small world? here I am in Tamworth,typing,using one finger to the son of my old art master,from Loxton St. great! I've spoken to my sister, who attended Bloomsbury Street Girls School, she remembers these teachers a Mrs Pratt Miss Hastings, Miss...
  15. P

any info would be welcome
Back