• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Phil 5T1

1. Phil 5T1

Lordswood Boys' Technical School

I've just been reunited with some school photos, form 1A 1958 attached. I've a few more form and sports pics. I'll post them soon.
  2. Phil 5T1

I do rememberbits about the Neustatd I remember bits about the trip to Neustatd im Schwarzwald trip like being booted out of a very comfortable carriage by staff for the overnight section down the Rhein valley, like some pupil "falling" down a ski jump and being in hospital for some time after...
  3. Phil 5T1

Hi John Guess you've made it back to the UK by now since you've posted the photos. I recognise a few faces from the seated group, looks like lower 6th have been left standing. Geoff & Kalsi, Rich Parnell's head on Geoff's left, Dave (?) Clarke in between, Rich Gledhill leaning forward, Hi John...
  4. Phil 5T1

Birmingham University

Hi. I've just found this thread after much searching. I'm in the Lordswood Boys Technical School forum having attended there until coming the the University in 1964 to read pure math, though I spent more time playing badminton. The gunworks was BSA (Birmingham Small Arms). The photos are very...
  5. Phil 5T1

Excellent, thanks Keith. I'm directly in front of you in the form photo. Faces are vaguely familiar some more so than others but not many names that I'm sure of. Paul Latcham is extreme right 2nd row down. Geoff Brown, Rich Pannell, Sudarshan Kalsi, Geoff Timms,? Phelps and yourself I recognise...
  6. Phil 5T1

I remember Harborne baths with the cubicles! The wet floor and having to share since there weren't enough!!! Wasn't the dentist next to or very near? Fillings with slow drills and no pain relief! Those were the days!! Phil
  7. Phil 5T1

Hi John We're getting more info from the original intake, for a while I was the only one. Keith Harrison is now posting as well. I don't know how memory works but your liking for HP sauce has always been there not recently dredged up. The posts help to clear some of the cobwebs. You mentioned...
  8. Phil 5T1

Hi Keith I was in the same classes with you and others you mention. My path was 1A,2A,3A,4T1,5T1 and 6th form Science/Maths. Was that L6S and U6S? I seem to remember Geof Timms had a 'disagreement' with Sawyer (physics teacher) which didn't end well for Geof. I played cricket and badminton for...
  9. Phil 5T1

Thanks. This link below gives much more info on Geoff and Rich. Also corrects my spelling of Pannell (sorry Rich). I went to a rehearsal of the first group when at school to take some photos for marketing stuff. They were rubbish. The photos not the group. I think I'm better now! Phil...
  10. Phil 5T1

Hi Hi Titch At last someone in the same year/class has posted. I remember coming back to your home after school and meeting your mom. Funny how you can remember somethings but all the rest is hazy or just not there. Do you still like brown sauce? I do! ELO, not me mate, but maybe Geoff Brown...
  11. Phil 5T1

Thanks again. The staff list brings back lots of memories. I still have a goblet made in Mr George's class, a French polished stool (Mr Caldicott's class), my technical drawing set and somewhere photos (form, cricket teams and badminton teams). From the prefect list I'm reminded that I didn't...
  12. Phil 5T1

Thanks guys. Didn't expect such prompt replies. It was Harrington. This is surreal, sitting in a restaurant in Denia (Spain) thinking about school 50 yrs ago. Back to food for now. Add more soon
  13. Phil 5T1

Hi all. Just joined. I was in the first intake in 1957 when there were just 2 years. The 2nd year were 12plus intakes. I've always appreciated the skills we learnt with Messrs Cauldicott and Betts, real woodwork and metalwork. Not to mention technical drawing with... ??? I stayed through...
Back