• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Peter Hood

1. P

Lost streets of birmingham

I live at number 5 Hick Street next to Mrs Williams shop she had 2 sons David and Terry other friend's were Barry Chalk .Joey Higgins.Gary Linddall Rodney Brooks.others in the Street were .Tommy & Bobby Hill Peter Green. Bernard Newbold .Barry Angell.Brian Allen who went on to be a camera man...
  2. P

Balsall Heath.

Hello Iris the pub in Belgrave Rd by Frank Street was The Electric Tavern do you remember it There was a Bus stop outside for The inner circle 8 stopped there
  3. P

Balsall Heath.

I remember Kenny Eliott he went to St Albans school also Barry Ansell .Barry Chalk,Peter Green,Terry Timmins ,Joey Higginsthere was an outdoor on the corner of Hick St and Highgate St,and it was owend by Mr & Mrs Frost also in the street was Tommy & Bobby Hill who had a fruit& veg stall in the...
  4. P

The Boys Brigade

I remember there was a BB in St Pauls road Balsall Heath just by the railway bridge can anyone confirm that please
  5. P

Dares Brewery

my mom worked there we lived in HIck Street just up from there
  6. P

St Patricks C of E School Highgate Street.

HI Mavis I do remember you at St Patricks school I remember Mr Pearce and Mrs Pugh also miss Dickinson I remember all those you mentioned and Audrey Brown I was in love with her,Brian Allen I think got a job at ATV studios as a camera man and Roy Buckley lived opposite our house also Joey...
  7. P

St Patricks C of E School Highgate Street.

St Patricks was if your looking down Highgate from Hick St its two thirds the way down on the left hand side just before Upper Highgate Street . hope this helps
  8. P

Oliver U Tallet garage

anyone remember the Oliver U Tallet garage on Mosely Road
  9. P

the wellington in hick street Balsall heath

Still trying to find info of the above pub
  10. P

The Camp

Yes they were the best chip butties around made by Doreen Lucas her husband was Walter ( Wally )I worked behind the bar there the old chap who used collect glasses was called Kipper he used to sleep in the pub I have great memories being there the atmosphere was great I don't live in brum now we...
  11. P

Lucas Branch Works 13 Small Heath (Butlers)

Hi Nick the company which was part of Lucas was BUTLERS it was in Grange RD Small Heath I worked in the standards room my boss was Stan Lewis and Stan Powell ,I don't know if it still exists that's the best I can do for best regards Pete
  12. P

Ansell

Hi Taila in lived in Hick St and I knew a Barry Ansel don't know if you are related did know any other family members I do know he worked at a printers in tindal st hope this is of any value to
  13. P

The Green Kings Norton

don't know that but the Saracens Head I know is on Stratford Rd Shirley
  14. P

Cinema Name - Balsall Heath Road

Hi I think you will find it was called the Luxor
Back