• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by NZFrances

1. N

The Abbey St Thomas's Grammar/secondary Erdington

Hi Perry, I am not able to see these. It is so tantalising! Can you see them at your end? (Email address removed by moderator). If this doesn't work here would you be able to send to me on email? Thank you again.
  2. N

Hi Perry, that confirms my belief, as there were no family in Birmingham aside from Mollie. No wonder I couldn't find her. I left my flowers by a statue instead. I look forward to seeing the photos. Thank you so very much. Frances
  3. N

Hi Perry, Thank you so much for these details. I walked up and down the cemetary in 2009 when I visited, and it is quite possible I missed any stone. Given her family were in Cork I have since assumed she didn't get a headstone. Thanks so much for having a look for it. I'd love to see a photo...
  4. N

This may be a middle-aged Mollie, or at least one of her sisters. Does she look familiar?
  5. N

Hi Perry, Delighted to hear from you. Where abouts were the St Thomas buildings? Was it originally a part of the current primary school before the 1950s? Mollie died Dec 1971 and her funeral notice (kindly sourced and sent to me by a woman working in one of Birmingham's cemeteries, after I had...
  6. N

Hello Perry - hope you are still on here. Miss Hyland was my great-aunt. My family know very little about her so if you have any other memories of her I would love to know. I presume she was a primary level classroom teacher? I found her old house when I was in Birmingham a few years ago...
Back