• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Nicholas

1. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

Some places naturally attract, or generate, 'ghost stories'... and hospitals are probably 'top of the list' concerned, for obvious reasons, mwOnjm? Did the nurse actually say what staff were afraid of, do you recall?
  2. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

I don't know if any of our older page members recall this matter, but, last year, I visited the graveyard to 'The Church Of The Ascension' at Hall Green, Birm. It used to be said that the ghost of a white lady haunted here, as well as the nearby hall (once situated just across the road, but...
  3. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

Concur 100% on the 'living' comment, Tuppenny Rice....!!
  4. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

Thank you very much for sharing your story, Lella... What an absolutely superb - if somewhat heartbreaking - account! If the unfortunate, old gentleman is indeed still sawing away - to this day - then lets sincerely hope he does so as some kind of 'recording of some of his final moments'...
  5. Nicholas

Kunzle Family

I did receive a response from the US academic chappy.... but he couldn't add anything at all to the topic. He said he was aware that his uncle had died young, but the family never seemed to speak about him, otherwise, so perhaps that might suggest suicide after all, maybe?
  6. Nicholas

Kunzle Family

Thank you! I have found a nephew of the unfortunate chap - an academic in the US - so I have tried to (delicately) broach the subject with him this morning, in an email.... I will post response, if I get any!?
  7. Nicholas

Kunzle Family

Thank you very much MWS! This is probably the matter mentioned... as the date certainly fits. It was only very vague references that I saw (just yesterday), so I was intrigued to find out the details. It was mentioned that it was a 'child' of the Kunzle family involved, but, of course, the...
  8. Nicholas

Kunzle Family

I've recently seen a reference to a child of the Kunzle family dying - some sources actually say 'committed suicide' - in Ley Hill House / Kunzle House, at Northfield? It is suggested that this occurred in the 1920's. I've had a little look through (albeit rather limited) newspaper archives...
  9. Nicholas

Kardomah

Hi Jason, Being the one trick pony that I am, I'll readily admit that I can seldom add anything constructive to conversations... but I know that - if I'm struggling with anything 'Brum related' during the course of my research - I can always pop on here and, most probably, find what I'm looking...
  10. Nicholas

Kardomah

I know I'm terribly late in coming to this thread - and had never heard of 'The Kardomah' before - but I've just popped on my PC with a minuscule amount of information at my fingertips, thinking that I was going to be wasting my time... In brief, I had a reference to a Phil Woodward, who...
  11. Nicholas

Birmingham Bedstead Factories

Cheers Mikejee!!
  12. Nicholas

Thank you very much mbenne! Much appreciated!
  13. Nicholas

I've recently come across a rather vague reference to 'Slumberland Bedding Factory', in Birmingham, during the latter half of the 70's. Does anyone know where this would have been, please?
  14. Nicholas

Signing In To Forum And Password Issues...

Thank you very much for your responses!! Much appreciated indeed! Thankfully, I've just managed - somehow - to log in on my previous 'incarnation' on the forum, so, fingers crossed, everything is fine now!! Thanks again!!
  15. Nicholas

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

Come on John please 'spill the beans' on this particular matter!?! I'd LOVE to hear more on the subject....!?!
Back