• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Marie Whittaker

1. M

Anglesey Street School

Hi has anyone got any school photos of Anglesey st school lozells around 1968 to 1974 many thanks marie
  2. M

Anglesey Street School

I remember Mr woodcock married one of the other teachers. For the life of me I can't remember her name ( even though she was my teacher) I remember that she was a small lady with long hair.
  3. M

Anglesey Street School

There was also a Mr Thomas he was my teacher in the joiner school in about 75/76. Miss rose was the deputy head in the joiner school when it moved to nursery Rd. I remember most of there's teacher's especially Mrs George as she was my very first teacher in 67/68
  4. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

My sister remembers some kids that lived up Alexander terrace. Tommy, Arthur, and a kid named joey. She can't remember there last name. But she said that she thinks that they lived at number 9.
  5. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

We left brougham st around 1972/3 we used to climb over the wall at the back of the Bunns house and go scrumping at the back of the nuns house I was always terrified of getting court. Gosh we used to play all day on the bomb peck next to the school. My brother's got caught breaking in to the...
  6. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

There was many a time my older brother had to go and fetch my dad from the angel. It was still his local even when we moved to church st. I remember a few people but not sure of their names As I was only young. Those days were happy days
  7. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

I remember my mom used to chat to a lady in Alexander terrace. This would of been in the late 60s I also have a memory of them having a disagreement about our dog having bitten one of their kids ( a girl I think) I also remember being friends with a girl who lived with her grandparents ( i...
  8. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

I remember the shop on the corner of brougham st and Wills st. And my dad used to drink in the angel. And that a friends dad that also lived in Albert cottages used to go and get a jug of aile every Sunday afternoon. Also my oldest brother got his first home in the block of flats ( saddlers...
  9. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

What year would this be around Alan and do you know what number that they lived at?
  10. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

You would of moved from villa street before we moved to church st Was there a factory of some sort on villa street? It would of back on to brougham st.
  11. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

Yes it's still there num 69. Our back garden led straight on to the bomb peck on villa street. There were still empty house on villa street ( bomb peck) when we first moved to church st. We had so much fun demoliting them. Using the wood to build bonfires or dens
  12. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

Hi Lynn is there a forum for church st as well as that's where we moved to after brougham st
  13. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

Thank you ray even though I was young I remember the street so well like it was yesterday It's possible that the beige dog on the photo was ours named bobby. When we moved we moved just two streets away to church st
  14. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if any remembers our family. I remember my mom used to chat to a lady that lived in the row of houses up the ally opposite Albert cottages. And a family that lived halfway down the street last name ward. We used to play on the old bomb peck by the school and...
  15. M

Brougham Street, Lozells

We moved into brougham st in about 1968. We lived at 5/6 Albert cottages would love to see a photo of the place
Back