• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by MariaMalvern

1. M

Hawthorn House Handsworth

Hi Lisa, I was given a student placement at HH for a couple of months in 1978. I recall a family of 3 siblings...John, Lisa, and Suzanne. I got to know John quite well. Was this your family? If so, I'd love to hear from you. Regards, Maria.
  2. M

Hawthorn House Handsworth

Hi Charlie, I was briefly placed at HH in the late 70s as part of my NNEB training. I clearly recall three siblings...two girls and a boy. I got to know the young lad pretty well and have often thought of him over the years. I would be more than happy to share my memories as well as some...
  3. M

childrens homes

Hi Lisa, I'm not sure my last post was sent a few moments ago, so just want to reiterate that I was at HH in the late 70s and knew three siblings...a boy and two girls. If you were one of them, I'd love to hear from you. Best, MariaMalvern.
  4. M

childrens homes

Hi Lisa, I was placed at HH for a short period in 1978. I knew three siblings...two girls and a boy. I'd love to make contact if you were one of them or could point me to someone who might know them. Best, MariaMalvern.
Back