• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by lisa63

1. L

Fred Dawkins Cafe Highgate Road Balsall Heath

I think my Mom may have worked at Fred's Cafe. She 99 now. We're compiling her stories. Lived at Hendon Rd and Larches St and also worked at a toy shop near there. Lovely to read the family history of the Cafe and Fred's famous tea machine!
  2. L

Best Emily

Oh yes of course! Sorry! Haven't used this yet as another subscription, but maybe will take a look. Thankyou!
  3. L

Best Emily

Thankyou and sorry for my ignorance but what is FMP? I'm relatively new to family researching seriously.
  4. L

Best Emily

I'll donate to the forum for all the help Ive been given, is it same details as stated.. to Pritchard?
  5. L

Best Emily

Oh and Happy Birthday PJMBurns! hope I got that right. Still navigating my way around the forum.
  6. L

Best Emily

Oh that's great thanks Lyn! I'm so blown away by the help on here, it's been brilliant! I'll see about subscribing short term to see a copy.
  7. L

Best Emily

Hi Hi Bill! Morning here in Australia and woke up thinking about our connection especially after all the info from Mark finding my Nan's real birth name. Changed everything! The support and help from everyone on here has been incredible and so excited to start growing that side of the tree...
  8. L

Best Emily

Ha! There's a lot of fun things happening when researching family! I found these last night on Ancestry. It's funny once you get that lead it all starts falling into place. Massive thanks to everyone who gave me that lead on this forum. so appreciated
  9. L

Best Emily

Yes was Yes was thinking something like that could have happened. Thankyou for helping. This has been a great find for my family research!
  10. L

Best Emily

Thankyou, and sorry for late reply, in Australia
  11. L

Best Emily

I don't have findmypast unfortunately. I'm working with Ancestry and family search only at the moment. This information you have found today is brilliant though and I'm so grateful, thankyou.
  12. L

Best Emily

Oo..Dad mentioned an aunt Violet!
  13. L

Best Emily

T Thanks for this.
  14. L

Best Emily

Wow that was quick! I found Hannah, but slowly working on phone, bit wierd on Ancestry app! Interesting a son Edward and Edward on Nan's marriage certificate. I can see how they made a mistake somehow.
  15. L

Best Emily

Th That's a good idea, I think I will. Thankyou!
Back