• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Lisa Buckley

1. L

Help with locating a house please

Oh wow, thank you so much. This at least gives me a rough idea where it was. Thank you
  2. L

Help with locating a house please

So I have found my 3rd Great Grandfather Charles Henry Smith in the 1911 census - however his address has baffled me and wondering whether any one could help me pin point where it might have been. So it is on the Coventry Road, Yardley, Birmingham (which is typically a very long road anyway)...
  3. L

Looking For Hospital/medical Records.

Hey there I know this is a little late however I recently before lockdown applied for my Grandmother's Coleshill Hall records from 1947 and was sent them by the Warwickshire Records Office. I had to provide my Grandmother's death certificate and it cost me £30 for them to conduct the search and...
  4. L

Irving Street

Thank you so much!
  5. L

Irving Street

I hope you don't mind me using your map, but does anyone know where on that map 8/105 Grove Terrace, Irving Street would be please?
  6. L

Stechford

Wow thank you so much for this, my 2 x great grandparents ran a business from number 10 Manor Road which i believe is the 5th house from the left around this time.
  7. L

Shenley Fields Home

I like the sound of your mum. I have emailed and asked and that is all i can do i suppose for now. Thanks Tim
  8. L

Shenley Fields

I don't suppose anyone remembers a Dennis Smith being in this home. Thanks
  9. L

Shenley Fields Home

Hi Chinch Thank you for your reply, My dad has recently passed away in the last 2 months and i know he was definately in Shenley Fields so do you think this lady would allow me to have a copy of his records? Suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask would it. Thank you so much.
  10. L

Shenley Fields Home

Does anyone know if there are any records about for children that were there please? and if so where i could find them. Thank you.
Back