• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by laraine

1. laraine

Lower Darwin Street

Does anyone have any photos of what Lower Darwin St used to look like please Thanks Laraine
  2. laraine

Witton Street

Good morning Does any one have any photos of Witton St, which ran off Garrison Lane ? Thanks Laraine
  3. laraine

House history

Thank you both for pointing this out, why for the life of me I never looked at the 1881 census too I don’t know ! William J Crump is my gt grandfather & yes the name is Village, such a shame the house isn’t there now. Thanks for your help
  4. laraine

House history

He was born in 1880 Thanks
  5. laraine

House history

It’s Witton St in Small Heath that I mean, it runs off garrison lane, when I look on google earth the numbers of the houses go up to 59 Witton St, then there are Park Villas
  6. laraine

House history

I have a gt grandad that was born back of 61 Witton St, would that be where Park Villas are now ?
  7. laraine

Uniforms of WW1

I’m just wondering if anyone can tell me what uniform the man is wearing or what regiment he is from, he is possibly my gt grandfather, wondering if anyone could put a name to him also. Thanks
  8. laraine

Yardley Cemetery Map

Can anyone let me know which section of Yardley cemetery this is please, I couldn’t make it out, thanks
  9. laraine

William Joseph Crump

Thank you for your help thank you for your help
  10. laraine

William Joseph Crump

Thank you, I will check all this out
  11. laraine

William Joseph Crump

Thank you so much for your help, there's a lot to get my teeth into now, so Harriet remarrys, I'm guessing the death I found for Joseph Crump in 1924 is William Joseph Crump, have sent for the certificate so will find out then.
  12. laraine

William Joseph Crump

We’ve only just discovered the Crump side, through the wonders of DNA we have found that William Joseph Crump b1880 is my gt grandfather so I’m after anything I can find out about him. Looks like they might be cousins of some kind. Thanks very much for your help
  13. laraine

William Joseph Crump

Hi there, yes I found that quite odd, I’d seen the 1911 census for both of them at different addresses, I hadn’t seen Joseph on the 1920 electoral roll, thank you so much for that, was he there with Harriet do you know ?
  14. laraine

William Joseph Crump

Thanks Astoness, appreciated
  15. laraine

William Joseph Crump

Yes sorry Tuffield, slip on the keypad ! Four children, so I have William Joseph Jnr, Ada & Elizabeth May, who is the other please I haven’t come across them. I have seen that death for Joseph 1924 I think I’ll order the certificate. Thanks for your help
Back