• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Ladywoodite

1. L

Springhill Ice rink Summerhill Road

Rogerstan, Was your dad the window cleaner? Did he live down Shakespeare Road, way? If he was, he was a mate of my dad's. There are loads of old photos of Ladywood on the "Old Ladywood" website. I have also got a number in my collection, if I can help with any.
  2. L

The Green Kings Norton

Could this have been The Saracens Head. This is a famous, historic public house on The Green.
  3. L

oldMohawk, Yes Barry is in the picture on #79. He is in the centre, at the back. The only one wearing specs. His eysight has now deteriorated to the point where he is registered blind. I believe this is due to his Diabetes. I haven't seen him for a while but do have regular contact with his...
  4. L

I know this thread has been going for some time, but I don't come on to this site very often. I must say I don't think I ever heard the "rink" called "Springhill ice rink". It was on the corner of Goodman Street and Summerhill Street and we always new it as Summerhill Rink. I lived round the...
  5. L

Ladywood In The 1870s

Roger, what a coincidence, I have just been reading another thread re TYNDAL Street. Somewhere between 1870 and 1890 it was re-named SLOANE Street. It is off Camden Street (near the Parade end). It is a small cul-de-sac (although I don't think they called it that in those days!). My maternal...
  6. L

William Mosedale - George Cross

Thanks Aidan.
  7. L

Alan, I am intrigued as to which Alan you are. I don't use this site very much so don't know how to contact you, other than on here. I would love to chat with you privately, but how do we pass on details? Albert
  8. L

Bell Heath school camp

Our class (form 2A) at Follett Osler, Ladywood, was chosen to go to Bell Heath for three weeks in March 1960. It is situated close to Romsley, just outside Brum. To us inner city 13yr olds, it was a great adventure in the country. It was basically an outward bound centre, and I believe it is...
  9. L

Book: Ladywood by Norman Bartlam

I have got an address and phone number. Is it the done thing to put it out on the website? Can anyone advise.
  10. L

Book: Ladywood by Norman Bartlam

Postie. It seems you did buy the same book only with a different cover. I am sure this is not a ploy to sell more books. If you contact Norman, I am sure that he would be more than happy to rectify it. He has brought out a couple more books on Ladywood since, and they are all well worth the...
  11. L

Re: mosedale family Hi Astonian, I know it is some time since this thread, but I am new to this forum. I am Albert Moulsdale, son of Albert and Pru, from Cope Street. Who are you? Dad is still alive. I could let him know that you have been in touch. Please reply. Regards Albert
  12. L

St Mark's Church Ladywood

Is this St Marks Church Ladywood? If so there are photos on the website www.oldladywood.co.uk. Good luck.
Back