• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by JPoole

1. J

Poole Family, Tracking from Canada

Yes, Herbert died of the same thing shortly after arriving in Canada.
  2. J

Thank you both, went through at got the images: George Poole age 33 - pneumonia, 6 days Louisa Ann Poole (Rowland) age 32 - Phthisis, 6 months William Arthur Poole age 9 - tuberculosis, meningitis, 8 days Emma Elizabeth Warner (Poole) age 42 - phthisis, exhaustion, duration not stated
  3. J

When I go to the Leeds government website it seems as though mailing them is the only option, can I ask where you are seeing this digital download option?
  4. J

Thank you. I suspected as much (orphan home) but was surprised that Emma seems to have gone on to live with family while the boys appear to have been sent to orphanages. Difficult to imagine the choices the family would have had to make at that time.
  5. J

Amazing. Thank you so much.
  6. J

This is amazing. Thank you. It looks as though her uncle Arthur was at the wedding, so interesting. May I ask where you were able to find this?
  7. J

Thank you so much, may I ask where/how you are finding the information about where they were living?
  8. J

Hello, I am a descendant of George Joseph Poole, born 1852 in Birmingham from what I can tell. He married Louise Ann Rowland in 1875, in Leeds. They had four children, Emma, William, George and Herbert. George and Herbert were sent to Canada as home children upon the death of their father...
Back