• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by joe 90

1. joe 90

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

I remember doing that also with white gloves on.
  2. joe 90

Prefabs

My grandparents lived in one in Erdington and they loved it really cosy with a real fire.
  3. joe 90

Memories : Essence Of The 50s And 60s

I remember them to showing my age.
  4. joe 90

KIRBY FAMILY c.1880 - 1919 - In and around Aston/Warwickshire

I was in the police mounted branch in the 1970's and there was a Keith Kirby stationed on the mounted also he would have been in his 40's
  5. joe 90

Steelhouse Lane Police Station..the End Of An Era

Were you not given a blanket ?
  6. joe 90

Steelhouse Lane Police Station..the End Of An Era

It's a shame all the old nicks are closing.
  7. joe 90

Wacaden Dairy Wathes Cattell & Gurden Dairy

Happy New Year to you too and to all on this site.
  8. joe 90

Canterbury Road Police Station

I served at Canterbury Rd from 1974 to 1976 when we were all moved to Sutton Coldfield when we were West Midlands Police and not Birmingham City Police.I preferred to work out of Canterbury Road to be honest.Joe 90
  9. joe 90

Sutton Park

Wonderful pictures
  10. joe 90

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

I would have thought they would have been children from serving officers of D division.....................Joe 90
  11. joe 90

Police Horses

Thank you for your kind words Paul l was proud to be a Mounted Police Officer................Joe 90
  12. joe 90

Police Horses

The mounted Police HQ was at Duke st,and there were further stables at Kings Heath.Bordesley Green.Ladywood.Thornhill Rd. Tally Ho.West Bromwich.when l was on the mounted in the 70s.
  13. joe 90

Wacaden Dairy Wathes Cattell & Gurden Dairy

Hi Annekh did he work at Kingstanding branch as when l worked there. there was an Eric working as as a checker l don't know his surname;
  14. joe 90

Princess Alice / Parklands housing estate Sutton Coldfield / New Oscott

Princess Alice Orphanage was in Sutton Coldfield not Erdington it was actually the Beggars Bush l lived not far away and l went to Boldmere High School for boys and we had a lot of boys from there in the school.All gone now shopping centre and housing
  15. joe 90

Princess Alice Orphanage New Oscott

Princess Alice Orphanage was in Sutton Coldfield not Erdington it was actually the Beggars Bush l lived not far away and l went to Boldmere High School for boys and we had a lot of boys from there in the school.All gone now shopping centre and housing
Back