• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by jimbo

1. J

The Cartland Arms

It was also called The Sporting Parson
  2. J

Prefabs

We all have a voice, it's called a vote and it's about time we all used it to get rid of this useless Council who seem hell bent on wasting money on stupid projects without any sort of consultation.
  3. J

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi again Andy. Popped round to Lodge Hill this morning and as you can see the area is a bit muddled, very few headstones have numbers on them. If you give me your relatives name I will search again and try and get you more info.
  4. J

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi again Andy. Popped round to Lodge Hill this morning and as you can see the area is a bit muddled, very few headstones have numbers on them. If you give me your relatives name I will search again and try and get you more info. It seems the video and photo I took are too big to send. They just...
  5. J

Lodge Hill Cemetery

6. J

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

I also suffer with what my wife calls "selective deafness" "sorry love, did you say something" My solution is a pair of headphones linked to the TV, absolutely brilliant. You can have the sound on the TV turned off an it doesn't affect you. I also like the Walter Presents programs as...
  7. J

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi Andy. I will try and get round the Cemetery over the weekend, it is open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays but restricted in the week. jimbo
  8. J

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi Andy. I live about a five minute walk from Lodge Hill, if you give me the details of the grave I will gladly have a walk round there and see if can get you more information when the Cemetery is open to the public after the days business is concluded.
  9. J

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

It goes without saying, great effort on both your parts, the old and new, the photos that is!
  10. J

Crypto Peerless supplied polishing compositions to the trade if I remember correctly, Peerless being a "colouring off" compo mainly used on Brass.
  11. J

Great stuff Steve, keep them coming.
  12. J

I actually bought a Moskvich van from here, traded in an A40.
  13. J

Sainsburys is no longer there, it moved onto the old Birmingham Battery site a couple of years ago. There are plans for more Student accommodation on the site.
  14. J

Steve, if any of the "walls" contain photos of cars, johnfromstaffs will enlighten us with his knowledge, so yes please keep posting. They are very much appreciated
  15. J

The Green Man pub, not one that I liked, much preferred the one opposite The Plough. I was a member of the Shooting Club in the late 60s.
Back