• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Hitster1

1. Hitster1

Osborne Road Police Station

I can remember the police houses near the Marsh Lane clinic. They are of course still there but were always called the "police houses" by local people. I vaguely remember the new police station being built in the 1970's when I was a child. Some of the houses on the site became admin offices in...
  2. Hitster1

Marsh Hill Boys Grammar Tech School

I noticed on the Marsh Hill School Facebook Group that Ken Oliver had died unexpectedly aged 77 a couple of weeks ago. Former pupils had seen him out and about in Erdington literally right up until the day before his sudden passing and everyone said he looked well and seemed in good spirits. He...
  3. Hitster1

GEC, The Magnet Centre, Salford & Spaghetti Junction. Research Video!

Good to see the building still being used and nicely kept by the Midlands Greek and Cypriot Association. Pity the lovely sports fields have fell into disrepair they were upkept nicely well into the 1990's when various sports teams used them.
Back