• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by greywolf

1. greywolf

November And Maya

Thanks Jean
  2. greywolf

November And Maya

3 fur babies sunbathing
  3. greywolf

November And Maya

July my pigeon
  4. greywolf

LOVVEGROVE/DODWELL

Carolann I was looking at the birthday you gave for Ellen 1848, and the age of the Eleanor Dodwell on the Lusitania which was given as 26 in 1915 which means she was born in 1889, If your Ellen born 1848 went down on the Lustania in 1915 she would have been 67, So that might not be the same...
  5. greywolf

LOVVEGROVE/DODWELL

I think there is a connection Carolann just not sure where, My Dodwells were also jewellers and watchmakers. They were from Warwickshire. That's so sad to hear about Ellen losing her life like that, the Lusitania and Titanic cost a lot of people their lives and most of the ones that died were...
  6. greywolf

LOVVEGROVE/DODWELL

Hi Carolann Was Eleanor born in Warwichshire? It would be wonderful to find a connection with her and my Dodwell family Angie
  7. greywolf

LOVVEGROVE/DODWELL

Thanks MWS appreciate your help ... I had notice that 1911 census too an thought it strange that no parents were about and Amy being ship out over seas but i did wonder why not Annie too as she would have been 16 ...I guess that old saying back in the day ..[A man was only as good as his word]...
  8. greywolf

LOVVEGROVE/DODWELL

9. greywolf

LOVVEGROVE/DODWELL

ANNIE's birth certificate say's Frederick LOVEGROVE why not DODWELL and this Lovegrove was giving 3x on each birth cert. And mother is sign MARY DODWELL. My Great Aunt AMY LOVEGROVE married HERBERT VICTOR PRITCHARD 1925 Halifax Nova Scotia. She gave parents as FREDERICK LOVEGROVE and MARY...
  10. greywolf

Lovegrove, Alfred Great Uncle

1911 census at the house of THOMAS PERKS with his sisters ANNIE, AMY
  11. greywolf

LOVVEGROVE/DODWELL

Hi MWS yes I did find that to, but one problem its FREDERICK DODWELL not {LOVEGROVE} DODWELL married AMY SIDWELL they had one child NELLIE DODWELL in 1894, But then in the 1901 census AMY and daughter NELLIE are listed live with Amy's parents, and FREDERICK was list with MARY 1901 census...
  12. greywolf

LOVVEGROVE/DODWELL

Hi Everyone Hope someone could help me, I finally received my Grand Mom birth certificate: ANNIE LOVEGROVE born in Birmingham Warwickshire 1899 to FREDERICK LOVEGROVE and MARY DODWELL at 8 Court 3 St George st. My problem is for the life of me i can not find any marriage cert. And the DNA test...
  13. greywolf

Thanks Maurice I will get his birth cert as soon was possible, And I will let you know thanks for trying to help Angie
  14. greywolf

Hi Maurice wished I knew where was located. I do remember he was last living in the Birmingham area
  15. greywolf

Sorry to bother again Mike and pjmburns but would there be archived British phone books that go back to 50s-60s ? I was hope there might be a chance he had family .I dont live in England an I dont the money to access on.line info. Thank
Back