• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by GreenwichJohn

1. G

Big Top 1959

Hi everyone. Yesterday I got the train from Euston and was busting to get to New Street to find the spot of the Big Top tent, the spot where my parents met on Christmas Eve 1943. What a shattering come down when I got to The Odeon (the Odeon was dead opposite the Big Top), and saw ...right next...
  2. G

BigTop

Hi everyone......still struggling for the exact spot...studying maps I now think the blob is over BHS. Any corroborators?
  3. G

BigTop

Thanks Mikejee and Carolina. Now i need to pinpoint the marked area on your Google Earth map. I've got to stand there and say:This was the spot where my parents first met!" (Daft I know) Can anyone tell me what is below the blob on the map - I'm guessing that it might be in Union Passage? If it...
  4. G

BigTop

To anyone old enough to be familiar with the Big Top site on New Street around 1943, please advise me where exactly the Big Top tent was situated. I know it was opposite the Odeon, and I think it's Primark now, but I need the EXACT spot (more or less) where the Big Top tent was (not the other...
Back