• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by fellowkev

1. fellowkev

Metro Cammell Saltley

Sorry Richard, just saw this. Not that I know of. After two years in the Royal Air Force he eventually worked at Chrysler/Rootes in Coventry as a draftsman. What he did in the 2-4 year gap between the RAF and Rootes, I do not know. My dad passed away a couple of years ago, so I’m afraid I cannot...
  2. fellowkev

RIP Astonian (Alan)

Alan will be dearly missed. From what I could tell, he was a kind and helpful person. I rarely read a post where Alan did not have something interesting to say. My condolences to his family.
  3. fellowkev

Morris Clarence Albert B.1893 And Wife Sarah Nee Fellows B.1894

Hi Alberta, thank you for looking up this information. If only I had had an interest in family history years ago when more of my ancestors were alive. The questions I could have asked.
  4. fellowkev

Thank you to both of you for taking time to look into this. Those are good clues; I will dig further. Thanks!
  5. fellowkev

Hello, looking for more family information on my great aunt Sarah Morris (nee Fellows) and her husband Clarence Albert Morris. Clarence was killed by a car in 1981 whilst on holiday in Brighton, I'm told. Sarah died in 1963. They had many children, all before WW2: Clarence Albert, Dorothy...
  6. fellowkev

Frankfort street, Hockley

Hello aggie2347, I do remember the fire. One of the little boys killed in the fire was my good friend. I was only 4 or 5 (I have a vivid memory of those childhood days). We played together every day. I think he went to the nursery school with me on Farm street too. I remember walking up to his...
  7. fellowkev

Fellows Family 19th century burials

Well thank you very much, Lyn. At least I can cross a few places off my list. You have been very kind With no birth or marriage certificates found either, they are quite an enigma. Now it is like they disappeared off the face of the earth! :) Kevin
  8. fellowkev

Thanks Lyn! You are so helpful. Crossing fingers for Witton :) Alan: Various members of my Fellows family (and a Thomas Dugmore) lived at Richmond Place 4 back 120 St Marks Street, Ladywood from about 1914 until the late 1950's, when I assume the place was demolished. Thanks for the insight...
  9. fellowkev

Thanks Steve, one can always hope. Curious what Fellows line your mother was? Rosie, thanks for the link. I will check that out tomorrow. Regards, Kevin
  10. fellowkev

Bless you, Lyn, Thank you so much for your help. Yes, the more I read, the more I understand: public cemeteries are a recent concept. Before public cemeteries a person was buried in a local church yard Best regards, Kevin
  11. fellowkev

Thank you for the insight Leslam and Janice. You are correct: it does add another haystack within which to find that needle Hi Lyn, that is a marvelous idea. Thank you very much. Balsall Heath is stuck right in the middle of several public cemeteries, so it is anyone's guess where they are...
  12. fellowkev

Thank you Wendy, that is useful information to know. Gosh, thanks Lyn, what a favor that would be. I will research close-by cemeteries. I have been combing through some of the past posts on the subject to see where others have gone to find records. Seems that the library is the best bet, as...
  13. fellowkev

Hi Lyn, great to hear from you. Well thank you very much for looking for me. Yeah, I have not found anything on their burials on the online records. Yes, those baptisms are indeed the children of William and Phoebe. I actually don't have them as a PDF or even a screenshot--though I remember...
  14. fellowkev

Hello everyone, If there is anyone in possession of burial records for Birmingham cemeteries (beyond what is online--which has proved fruitless) can you please have a look and see if my great, great grandparents are listed in the records. I have hit a complete brick wall. Here are their names...
  15. fellowkev

Duke of Cornwalls Light Infantry 2nd Battalion WW2

Re: Did you have Anyone who Served in Duke of Cornwalls Light Infantry 2nd Battalion. Hi Christy, my great uncle, John William Fellows (Jack) of 10 Sheepcote Lane, Ladywood, was with the Duke of Cornwall light infantry after WW1. During the first world war he was with the Somerset Light...
Back