• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Elizabeth

1. E

John Norton died Queen's Hospital, Birmingham, Warwickshire 1886

No entry for John Norton in the General Registers held at Witton Cemetery. V. disappointing. Thanks folks ......... Lizzie.
  2. E

Hello BordesleyExile, pollypops, Louisa, Key Hill Brian. Just received a receipt from HeatherRobertson@birmingham.gov.uk, so maybe by the end of the week. Louisa, Blanche Norton and I have common 3 x great-grandfathers. She has been in the fortunate position of being able to go to the U.K...
  3. E

Thanks people .... once the ball starts rolling eh ........ logging off to email Witton and when I get a reply let you know immediately. Pollypops I don't think he was a hospital burial as his sister was "in attendance", which I presume means she was either there at the hospital or came shortly...
  4. E

Thank you to the above three, especially Louise. I downloaded the Best of Health doc. Louisa and read firstly that part which was relevant to my query. As John worked B-o-T, Staffordshire and had only spent time as a kid in Saltley, I can't imagine he would be eligible for treatment in...
  5. E

Query from Victoria, Australia. John Norton b. 1855 Burton upon Trent (my great-grandfather). I have the info. about his time spent Saltley Reformatory School 1870 til 1873. Same record shows he was employed Truman Harbury brewery B upon T. 1875. Married Mary Hannah Farmer 1878, B upon T...
Back