• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Dorset Brum.

1. D

Camden Street

Yes a lot of my family worked and lived around there.Albert was on the buzzes.flo used to work for GPO. And help out at local pub.!!! Dad usedto go to a ice rink or roller rink near by. Used to go with gran to bottom of sprighill..!!!
  2. D

Camden Street

Not sure this is right, but interested in anthing linked with camden st.round about 1940s 50s 60s. As my nan granddad used to live at number 91. 89 next door was i believe owned by Sapcotes builders.it always had caretakers living in . Just read somewhere on here about 89,91. Found out they are...
  3. D

Hockley 1957

Found your post by accident, you mentioned H.samuel ltd.Hunter rd. I too worked there as apprentice in 1976/77.many memories.
  4. D

Newbee.! Help

Thanks mikejee. Struggling how to use this site. But wow how interesting.
  5. D

Great Lister St. 1911

Anybody know or remember the Hassell family.
  6. D

Newbee.! Help

Hi just joined after trying to find any info on the Horton family who lived in Camden st. No 91 i think. Time wise approx.1950s -1962. ? Any help much appreciated.
Back