• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Debbie 1

1. D

Passages, Alleyways Gulletts and Snickets of Old Brum

Just Bringing the Pinfold Street Thread back up. I find on my GGG grandparents marriage certificate that the address they lived at was Pinfold Street. My GGG grandfather's occupation was a "Wire Drawer". I have been up and down that street many times and often wondered whereabouts they lived...
  2. D

Eversley Road, Small Heath, Early 1960s.

Yes times are very different now George. It was good to see your reply and im really sorry for your loss. I know that pain too. You take care now, best wishes to you and your family always. debbie, x
  3. D

Oh no im so sorry to hear about Phyliss :) I remember her having lovely black hair. Gary oh no , im 64 this year , i remember him calling for me, he used to bang the door and look through the letterbox at us !! I used to laugh but my mom wernt too happy lol.... do you remember us, ? my Mom...
  4. D

Yes i remember Gary Burke and a younger brother, Alan i think ? Moms name was Phyliss ? Yes the Ledbrookes lived opposite us. Wally Ledbrook lived with his mom if i remember right. Which of the Burke family are you ?
  5. D

Hello, i remember the houses at the back. I know of the Russell family and the Burke Family. :)
  6. D

Hello there ! We lived at 72 Eversley Road. Next door to us at number 70 was the Shop. It was run by a Mr Tom King. I was told he never married. He lived above the shop alone until his death. We lived there from 1960 till 1966. He was still alive when we left there. Good luck with your search. x
  7. D

yes yes.. i can see the school and that now gives me my bearings ! The cafe would of been at the bottom of my road, across the road and on the right hand corner. So.... walking down my road i would see the cafe over the road on the corner. Turn the corner to the right (dont cross the road )...
  8. D

Would the Coventry road be going off to the left or the right of the cafe ? I think i know why i don't reconise it.. we lived in the top half of Eversley road. I didnt know it had 2 halfs :o That map is very interesting, im trying to get my bearings on there, to see where my school was...
  9. D

Shop in Eversley Rd (off Green Lane)

aww thanks lynn xx
  10. D

Ok, so we have established that the cafe was on the corner of Eversley Road.... BUT which corner ?? lol... the corner running up Green lane towards the Coventry road or the other one ? :eek: :)
  11. D

So could i be right that "that cafe" is not on the corner of the Eversley road ? :o lol.... somebodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :o thanks for reply :)
  12. D

hello.. i cant for the life of me place this cafe in my mind :o ..on the corner of the Eversley Road that i remember, I just cant picture on what corner it was on ?? :o If anyone can throw any more light on it i would be so grateful. Thank you for you all for trying to help :) I dont recall a...
  13. D

Ahhh i see . That "other" side of Eversley road.. was that little Eversley road ? thanks for your time in responding to me :)
  14. D

Also, what is puzzling me is that the houses on Eversley road all had little walls around the front of them, tiny gardens sort of. The houses shown on the pic come straight onto the road ?? :o
  15. D

Right ok... if this is correct, im just wondering what corner it was on ? Can anyone remember ? If that is Green lane to the right of the pic, which way is it running ? To the Coventry road or the other way ? thanks for replying... im sure i will get to the bottom of it eventually :o
Back