• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by David Baugh

1. D

All Souls Church, Birchfield, Stafford.

Hi yes I rember these two shops well Mrs Kench she sold pea shooters toy cannons etc she was a nice lady the grocers next door was run by a Mrs Scrivener she had a daughter called Audrey who played piano. I used to dog errands for her Mrs Scrivener passed on quite early masons pop was 5p old...
  2. D

Hi Big Gee I do rember that man. mr Clarke we called. him nobby do you recall the Durrant brothers Harold and Fred a little older than me unfortunately Fred passed away I think we were paid 3 /9 pence a month in the choir the smallest member received an extra 3p.other people I recall were...
  3. D

Hi i lived opposite you at 44 the Broadway (David Baugh your brother was a friend of mine in the 50s I remember your mom and dad very well I think he worked in Sweden sometimes sang in choir and i think Mike came on holiday with us very happy days
  4. D

Hi my name is David Baugh attended All Souls church sang in the choir I knew the Gilbert family in your road mr Gilbert was my piano tuner John his son also Barbara Smith who I think married Paul James and also the lady who was a podiatrist hope this is of interest
Back