• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by CaroleBr

1. C

Favourite Family History Photograph

Dear Josierue, that is a lovely photo :)
  2. C

The Rubber Shop in Smethwick

Many thanks, as far as i am aware there were never premises in Bham city centre, it may have been where the company was registered....? thanks so much for the informaiton you provide, its really interesting :)
  3. C

Favourite Family History Photograph

Here are a couple of my old family photos. They are both taken in the back garden of my grandparents house in Algernon road. The first photo is of my parents wedding in 1957, my grandfather on the left was the stage manager at the Royal Theatre in New street Birmingham. I am not sure of the...
  4. C

I have just scanned a photo of my parents original shop which I think was in Messenger Road, which was then High park road, I think! Perhaps someone could confirm please :) This was before my time, and that's my mom in the window !
  5. C

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

These are great stories, and bring all those memories flying back. Yep, I remember Sam Wellers and the Kalediacope, I do remember being acousted by someone in football boots up the corner for 4 hours !! (ha ha only joking Crashtestdougie!) What great times, you're right we tought we were the...
  6. C

The Waterloo, Smethwick

Hello, it was the Park Tavern :)
  7. C

I loved the rum runner, Duran Duran played there if I'm correct!
  8. C

oh wow! that certainly brings the memories flooding back!
  9. C

Smethwick

https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=42962 Here are some photos of my mom and dad's Rubber shop in Smethwick, hope the link works okay :)
  10. C

The Waterloo, Smethwick

I remeber this pub very well, my grandad and dad used to drink there during the 60s and early 70s. I always heard that the food was really good.
  11. C

Thanks anyway Rosie.
  12. C

oh wow! yes, thanks Mr Moon's it was :)
  13. C

Thank you Mikejee, I have read this posts out of order. The name Lerens, was generated from a mix of both my parents' surnames before they were married!
  14. C

Yes, Paul of course you're right, but I am only going on what my memory can recall from being told from my parents, I was born in 1961, and I think my parents already owned that shop then......
  15. C

Thought I would have a go at posting a photo or 2 of my mom and dad's shop in Smethwick High street. It was formally a dress shop which moved to Great Barr, I am informed. Anyway does anyone remember this shop? The first photo of the 3 was 1981, the 2nd when the shop was red was in July 1974...
Back