• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Bryan Roberts

1. B

York & Lancaster Regiment 1930s

Re: A question Man on the right York and Lancashire regiment
  2. B

new john st

In the 1930's my mother says she used to sit on the step with her baby sister and wait for the man with the barrel organ so she could give the monkey a penny and the man would then play them a tune. Mother is 90 this year. Are there any pictures of this any where and anyone also remember them.
  3. B

New John Street West & New John Street

This is the Plan From My Mother of how she remembers NJSW in the 1920/1930's He was 8 years old at the time.
  4. B

New John Street West & New John Street

In 1930 my mother lived at 212 New John Street West. She is now nearly 90 and has drawn me a map showing the houses and shops around her house .On the corner was a pub then a wash house and then 212 going from the pub and turning left on ?????? road there was a sweet shop a news agents and...
  5. B

Hampden Street Balsall Heath

My wife Carol Hunt lived at No 1 when we started going out together in 1967 they had moved from St Martins Flats some time in the early 60's
  6. B

Farm Street Hockley

Farm Street. Both my father and mother went to school at Farm street school,although they did not know each other. Mum then went to icknield school. Dad lived in Farm Street and mum lived in New John Street West 212. I do not know where dad lived in Farm Street. His name Bryan Arthur...
Back