• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by brummy-lad

1. brummy-lad

J&J DATAPRINT (John Price)

Can’t exactly remember now but probably The London Gazette and British Newspaper Archives.
  2. brummy-lad

On going Project of Virtual Reality of Video for Little Shadwell and Shadwell Street 1880s

Excellent work Andy, I don’t underestimate the amount of time and dedication you have put into this creation.
  3. brummy-lad

Park Lane...Aston

Brilliant bit of manipulation, excellent work.
  4. brummy-lad

its jayells birthday

Happy Birthday, hope you have an enjoyable day.
  5. brummy-lad

Park Lane...Aston

6. brummy-lad

Park Lane...Aston

I think this is the chippy on Park Lane was next door to the billiard rooms on Aston Cross. There is a similar, if not the same, picture on the website below.
  7. brummy-lad

It's Frothblowers birthday.

Happy Birthday hope you have a good day.
  8. brummy-lad

Help finding The White Lion pub

I think this was originally the White Lion on Horse Fair, unfortunately the entrance has been 'revamped' so of no help to you I think.
  9. brummy-lad

Help finding The White Lion pub

There was a White Lion PH at 34 Horse Fair which was a 10 minute walk from the White Swan, could be a possibility.
  10. brummy-lad

Miller St the last bus to dpart was...

Two aerial views of the depot from 1951.
  11. brummy-lad

Washwood Heath Road

The view now, when I lived there in the late 50s, the park was a great place to go.
  12. brummy-lad

Saltley provision stores...

I think it was just a case of Lyn (Astoness) posting a picture of Saltley Provisions Stores, unfortunately this probably got lost when the site was hacked several years ago.
  13. brummy-lad

Winson Green Asylum

Is this what you are looking for? https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/winson-green-asylum.44337/
  14. brummy-lad

Me Dads old sayings

When I was very young if I asked my dad if I could go to bed later he would say 'not tonight Josephine' I hadn't got a clue why he said it but assume now it was a reference to Napoleon and Josephine and their adulterous relationship. Can anybody shed a light on the saying?
  15. brummy-lad

Address plaques and nameplates for Terraces, Villas, Places etc

Definitely says 'Milicent Villas' but the 'N' seems to have been cast back to front.
Back